forever - j.k

it was tradition for you and Joe to have a movie night on a Thursday because you both had Friday off. it was a Thursday evening when Joe called you. you had everything set up for the evening and you were excited to watch a new film that neither of you had watched before. "i'm sorry baby. i'm not gonna be able to make it. they want to film four or five more scenes and i won't get home till later" he said, his voice sounded sad. you sighed softly. this was the second time he had to cancel because of work and it really hurt you. you were silent, the tears that had been built up since last week when he cancelled, finally fell. you wanted to speak to him tonight about the plans you had been discussing these past few weeks about a family. you wanted to grow your own family and you wanted to let him know that you wanted to do it whenever he felt comfortable enough. but with change of plans, obviously you wouldn't be speaking about it with him tonight.

he heard your not so silent tears through the phone. "please don't get upset love. i know it's for the second time but we will definitely do something tomorrow and it'll be back to normal next week i promise" he said, trying to sound comforting. "it's fine, i'll see you tomorrow morning. love you" you said, trying to not sound as hurt as you were. he sighed again. "i'm sorry baby. i know you miss doing this. i love you too" after he said that, you ended the phone. you knew it wasn't his fault but it hurt your feelings. you just wanted to spend time with your boyfriend. you calmed down after five minutes and decided to watch the film yourself, you made sure with Joe first to see if it was okay, and you got comfortable on the sofa.

you had your favourite blanket wrapped around you with another on top of that to keep the heat in. about an hour into the film, you felt your eye lids get heavier. you let sleep take over your body as you couldn't fight it off. usually when you were having movie night, you would be laying with your head on Joe's chest or the other way round, he would have his head laying on your chest. sometimes you missed the feeling of being cuddled by him. you would always be in bed, asleep, before he even got home. that's why you looked forward the the Thursday movie night. Joe was at work, exhausted. he wanted to be at home, with you, cuddles up on the sofa whilst watching a stupid film that he wouldn't be paying attention to. he just loved being with you and he felt as if he was slowly drifting away with this filming. he hated it.

it was 11:36pm when he checked his phone. they had just finished the last scene for the day and he was honestly so tired of working till late hours of the night. he said goodbye to his co-workers and the directors. most of them were going out for the night but not him, he wanted to get home to his girl. he got into the car and started driving home. it usually took about forty minutes to get home on a good day so he prepared himself for the late night drive home. at home, you were still sleeping, most of the lights in the house turned off and the tv was on one of the lowest levels, but not so quiet that you couldn't hear it. you had no idea of the surroundings around you and you didn't really care at that moment in time. even though you were asleep, you just wanted to feel Joe's arms around you. you wanted to feel loved and comforted.

Joe drove as fast and as safe as he could. he wanted to get home to you and just go to bed. he got to the house an hour later. he was exhausted. he parked the car outside the front of your house and got out. he jogged quickly to the front door and unlocked it as quietly as he could. he closed the front door behind him and locked it, he quickly took off his shoes and put them by the front door and went to find you. he walked into the living room and saw you laying down, curled into a little ball, wrapped up in blankets. his heart melted. after three years together, his love only grew. he was scared to get into a relationship, he thought that one day he might just fall out of love but nope, you just made him fall so hard and quickly and he loved you. so much.

he walked to you, sat by your head and stroked your hair. you stirred and woke up, well sort of. you looked up at him with half open eyes and smiled. "i missed you" you said before closing your eyes again. he chuckled softly and pulled you up to lay on him. your legs wrapped around his waist and you head rested just below his chin. he hugged you tightly and kissed your forehead. "i missed you too baby" he spoke softly. moments with you, like this, where definitely his favourite. his heart had so much love for you he didn't think it was possible. with the feel of him with you, and his hand playing with your hair and the few kisses he placed on your forehead every so often, made you fall back asleep almost instantly. he closed his eyes gently and tried to sleep. he didn't want to move. he wanted to be in this position, with you, forever.

after a while of you guys sitting there in silence, he thought it was best if he took you to bed. he sat up, trying not to move you so much it could wake you up, and turned off the TV. he picked up your phone, and then stood up, lifting you in the process and started walking up the stairs. once he walked down the hallway to your bedroom, he opened the door and gently laid you on your side of the bed. he tucked you in and kissed your cheek before going into the bathroom to get ready for bed himself. he changed into his pyjamas and went back downstairs to turn any lights off which had been left on then ran back upstairs to bed. he closed the door then got into bed next to you. he pulled you on top of him before finally getting comfortable. he laid in bed, not even tired anymore, and just listened to your soft breathing as you slept. he played with the ends of your hair and let his eyes close shut.

"i love you so much and i'm sorry for not being here recently. i promise i'll make it up to you" he spoke, knowing he wouldn't get a reply. he started getting sleepy after twenty minutes of silence. he loved being with you and he was definitely going to make it up to you. you guys had started talking about proper future plans, wedding and/or the having kids talk. obviously you guys were on the same page but he didn't want to start something and not be there for you when you needed him the most. you were hurt that he didn't want to start a family yet, you saw all of your friends having kids and you got jealous seeing the bond they grew with their babies throughout their pregnancies and even after birth. you told him it didn't get to you but he could read you like a book. he knew it did. and he wanted to talk about it with you tonight but with plans changing, he couldn't. he wanted a family with you, he wanted to have a baby with you and watch his own family grow.

Joe Keery always got his way and he was, whenever you were ready, going to start that family you had been talking about.