mothers day - j.k

hello angels! i hope you're all okay. it was mother's day last sunday and this has come out a bit later than anticipated but oh well😭 requested on tumblr- enjoy 🤍

"okay, Penny do you think you could grab them flowers for me?" Joe asked the smiley five year old who nodded, walking to the coffee table where the huge bouquet of flowers stood. they were almost as big as her and he smiled as she carefully picked up the bouquet and walked towards him.

"thank you honey" he lent down to kiss her head then turned to Junie, your three year old, who was looking at the flowers in her big sisters arms. "daddy they're pretty" she said in the sweetest voice he'd ever heard. his heart melted at how cute she was. he knelt down to her level which took her attention off of the flowers.

"yeah they are, just like you" he said tickling her neck making her giggle and blush a bright red colour. "do you think you can hold these for me? you can give them to mama when we wake her up" he held the chocolates out to her which she took from his hand and held it close to her chest. "thank you baby." he kissed her cheek and stood up again.

he walked to the kitchen and picked up the plate which had your favourite breakfast on it. he also picked up the four cards which were next to the plate and the little gift bag he had gotten for you from the girls. you had given birth to another beautiful baby girl, Francie, a few months ago and this time around was a lot harder than the other two. losing the baby weight was difficult, taking care of a baby and a three year old whilst Joe worked was hard. you just never got any time to yourself.

Joe knew how you were feeling and the least he could do was try make at least one day special for you. "you girls ready to go surprise mama?" Joe asked making sure he had everything perfect for you. both girls nodded and started making their up the stairs with Joe right behind them, Penny trying her best not to bend the flowers. Joe opened your bedroom door and let the girls inside.

you were sat up against the headboard cuddling Francie who had just finished feeding but your attention shifted off of her when you heard the bedroom door open. the girls walked around to your side of the bed and smiled brightly at you. "happy mummy's day" Penny said as she tried her best to show you the flowers. Joe put the plate down on his bedside table and placed the cards and gift onto the bed before making his was around to your bedside.

he lifted Junie onto the bed before he did the same to Penny, making sure he didn't harm the flowers. he took the flowers out of Penny's grasp and placed them on the floor next to the bassinet which was right by to your side of the bed. "could you take Francie for a second?" you asked Joe who nodded and took her off of your chest. you opened your arms so both girls could give you a cuddle "thank you angels" you kissed both their heads.

both girls took their places on either side of you and you wrapped your arms around their shoulders, pulling them into you more. Joe sat on the bed opposite the three of you with a huge smile on his face. "you girls gonna give your mama her cards?" Joe said gentry stroking Francie's back.

both girls got up from beside you quickly grabbing ahold of their cards before going back to sitting either side of you. "mine first" Penny said, the white envelope of her card close to your face. you took the card and opened it reading over the writing on the front before looking inside the card. her hand writing was a little messy but you could make out most of it "honey that's so sweet, thank you" you said as you finished reading her card, giving her a small kiss on her head. "read mine please mama"

you looked over at Junie who had her card in her small hands. you placed Penny's card down on your lap and opened your next card, you could tell she had had help from Joe with it but the thought of her concentrating, trying her hardest to write out this card melted your heart. "thank you sweetheart. both your words were so beautiful" you pulled both girls into you more and gave them a few kisses each.

"mama can we please watch some tv now?" Penny voice filled the small moment of silence making you laugh, Joe sighed but smiled "sweetie maybe we should spend a bit more time with mama-" "it's okay honey, you both can go watch some tv. we'll be down in a minute" you kissed their heads again and watched as the two of them scurried off out of your bedroom and down the stairs.

you moved across the bed into Joe's space so he could sit next to you. he gently placed Francie in her bassinet before sitting next to you. "happy mother's day honey" he said kissing you passionately before wrapping is arm around your shoulder, pulling you into him. "you forgot to open Francie's card and gift" he said making you look down to where the card and gift sat next to you on the bed.

you lent down to grab it and then sat back in the position you were in before, getting comfortable in his arms before opening the card. the card was a picture of you and Joe in the living room with Penny on Joe's lap and Junie by your side side cuddled into you with newborn Francie in your arms, everyone smiling widely. it was one of your favourite pictures because it was the first photo of your complete family.

you opened the card and saw Joe's handwriting telling you how grateful he was that you were the mother of his children and that you were so strong for looking after three kids whilst he was working. he had also written that he loved you and that he was proud. "thank you" you said looking up from the card to give him a quick kiss before turning your attention to the gift bag which you opened quickly.

the bag had a small box a gold necklace with the first letter of each daughters name inside it. it was beautiful. "this is so beautiful, thank you baby" you said kissing him again. "i am really grateful that you are the mum to my kids. i know these past few weeks have been tough but i really want you to know i appreciate you. you do so much for everyone and you never put yourself first which you need to start doing more."

he kissed your head and pulled you closer to him. "you're an amazing mum, you do so much for those three girls and we all love you so much, and i'm really grateful that i can call you the mother of my kids and my wife. thank you for everything y/n. seriously. i wish i could be around more and i'm sorry i'm not but i promise i will be soon. you've been the mum and dad when i'm not here and you're so strong for that honey"

you felt your eyes tear up as he spoke. it was difficult when he was off filming, he'd be gone from 5 in the morning till 11 at night by that point everyone is in bed so he rarely sees you guys, but you knew it was temporary and he'd be back home all the time soon. "come on, your relaxing day starts now. i'll run you a bath and look after the kids. don't rush it, i'm serious" he kissed your forehead before he got out of the bed and walked to the en-suite bathroom.

"oh shit, your breakfast is gonna be cold" he said seeing the food on the bedside table. "it's okay, i'll eat it whilst i'm in the bath" you smiled, you didn't care if it was a little bit cold, it was still food and he'd went through the trouble of making it. he sighed and scratched his head "honey seriously it's fine. it's gonna be good no matter what" you said as you got out of the bed.

you picked up the breakfast and walked toward him, standing on your tip toes to give him a quick kiss before making your way to the bathroom. "remember to take your time in there, i really want you to relax" he called out after you, taking a deep breath in before walking over to Francie's bassinet. she looked up at him with wide eyes and a small smile.

"oh my smiley girl, good morning" he picked her up and gave her a few kisses on her cheek which made her giggle a little. even though he had already seen her that morning this was how he spoke to her when he was off of work. Francie was still learning how to laugh properly but her small giggles never failed to make his heart swell with joy every time he heard it. "we have so much to do for mama don't we huh? gotta make it special for her" he kissed her cheek one more time.

"god you look exactly like her. that's a good thing because she is so pretty. so so so perfect. all my girls are perfect" he ran his thumb over her cheek as she put her fist in her mouth, chewing on it slightly. "come on pretty girl, let's find your sisters leave your mama" he started making his way down the stairs where his two girls were. every time he saw them he saw you. they were practically your doubles except they had his ears, eyes and hair. he sat down next to Penny who didn't batter an eyelid, her focus was on the cartoon on the tv.

Joe had one arm around Francie's back and the other around the back of the sofa. Junie noticed Joe sit down and quickly made her way to sit down next to him on the opposite side of Penny. "hey sweetheart, you okay?" he asked as Junie got comfortable, wrapping her arms around his forearm. she nodded and went back to watching the cartoon. he was now surrounded by the three girls but he didn't care, he loved his girls and he wouldn't change this for the world.