love - j.k

FOR CONTEXT- THE BABIES NAME IS LOCKIE okay idk why i find that name so cute.

Joe woke up to silence. usually, he would be woken up by little fingers slapping his face, or with you playing with his hair, but today it was nothing. he sat up and looked around, seeing that you were still sleeping peacefully next to him. he watched as the covers on top of you moved up and down with each breath you took. he was so in love with you. he decided you needed sleep and went to check on the little girl who slept in the room next door to yours.

he walked into the bedroom and saw her laying calmly on her stomach, the baby pink blanket on top of her and the little rabbit under her arm, cuddled into her side. he smiled as he watched his little girls eyes flutter open when she heard the door open. she smiled with her dummy in her mouth and sat up slightly. her brunette hair was dishevelled from her moving around in her sleep. he walked over to her crib and leaned over. she looked up at him with big eyes as she reached up for him. "good morning pretty girl" he whispered as he picked her up. she wrapped her arms around his neck and he kissed her cheek as she leaned her face on his shoulder.

"you sleep well angel?" he spoke, giving her a cuddle before he leant back down to grab her teddy and blanket and took her downstairs so he could make her some breakfast. she was the most perfect little girl. his love for her had only grown since the day she was born. she was his favourite person and he was hers. she was only a year old and she loved him so much. he sat her in her high chair and started making her banana pancakes. she was in her high chair, clapping as she watched the cartoon on his phone which was rested on her high chair feeding table.

he watched as she giggled at the phone and his smile widened. once the pancakes were done, he mashed them up so she could feed them to herself. he put them into a bowl and took the phone off of the feeding table, knowing that she would fist the food into her mouth and all over the table instead of them staying in the bowl. he watched her as she ate as he cleaned up the pan and cutlery he used and she smiled at him as she ate. she finished her food and Joe took the bowl from her and wiped her mouth and hands with a cloth after seeing the mess she had created. she turned her head to the stairs when she heard the bedroom door close and you walked down the stairs. she squealed when she saw your smiling face and reached up for you. Joe took off the feeding table, making it easier for you to pick her up.

"mama" she shouted when you picked her up and she cuddled into you. "good morning my sweet girl" you said, kissing all over her face making her laugh. Joe watched the scene unfold in front of him and his heart swelled. his two favourite girls in the whole entire world were standing in front of him. you stopped giving her kisses, giving her time to breathe between laughs. you laughed with her and walked over to Joe, giving him a quick kiss before he pulled you both in for a hug. "good morning" he said, kissing you on the head, you hummed a response before speaking up. "do you think it would be bad of me to ask if we can all go back to bed?" you said, your body leaning against his. he shook his head 'no' and pulled out of the hug.

"we should go back to bed" he said, laughing a bit at the request. you watched as he picked up Lockie's teddy and blanket and you both made your way upstairs. you felt Lockie lean her head against your shoulder as her eyes fluttered shut. Lockie could sleep at any point in the day and still go to bed on time. during the night, it was unusual for her to wake up and you were both so lucky to have a daughter who slept. you walked into your bedroom, seeing Joe getting the bed ready for Lockie to go in the middle of you. "no" you whispered, trying not to wake her. he looked up at you, confused as to why you said no. "i want to keep her on me" you said, a light blush creeping up on your cheeks. he smirked and got into bed, putting his arm out for you to crawl into him, making it a massive family cuddle.

you guys laid in silence, listening to your daughters breathing. she was the most beautiful baby you had ever seen. her hand was grabbing ahold of your necklace, a thing she had always done since she was little. you ran a hand through her hair and the other up and down her back. you were so in love with your little family. "i love you both so much" Joe whispered, a hand reaching up to run his fingers through your hair. you looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "i love you more" you replied, pouting your lips for him to lean down and kiss you, which he did. you were both silent for a little longer before you decided to close your eyes and get some sleep for yourself. Joe shifted slightly, trying to get comfortable. you both slept, happiness filled your bodies as you listened to your daughter sleep. she was perfect and you both loved your little family so much.