scared 2 - j.k

Y/M/N MEANS YOUR MUMS NAME JUST LETTING YOU KNOW X

Joe was sat in the waiting room, head in his hands as he waited for you to come out of surgery. "Mr Keery?" he heard a voice say, it was your midwife. he instantly got up and walked to the midwife. "would you like to finally meet your daughter?" she said, a sympathetic smile on her lips. he nodded his head and followed her to the hospital nursery where there were a few different babies in beds. she let him into the room and took him to his daughter.

"here she is" she said, lifting the baby out of the crib. he had a few tears fall down his face as she was placed into her arms. "i'm sorry this is happening to your family, i honestly cannot feel the pain you are going through." he heard her say as he rocked his daughter. "thank you." he said, eyes not leaving the little girl in front of him. "if you'd like i can put you in a room where you can sit down with the baby instead of standing in here whilst you wait for your wife to come out of surgery" she spoke, sadness in her tone. he looked up at her with wide eyes and nodded his head. you weren't his wife but he wanted nothing more to be married to you. he had the ring in the back of his wardrobe, he was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to propose.

the thought of you not being here killed him inside, he wanted nothing more to start a family and now that he done it and you were there celebrating with him, it just made him feel so upset. he followed the midwife into the room, his daughter in his hands and he sat down on the seat that was in the room. "i'll leave you here for a bit, i'll come get you when your wife is out of surgery, remember you can do skin on skin contact with your baby" she said, leaving him in the room. he was alone, again. he looked down at the baby in his arms and placed her securely on his knees so he could take off his t-shirt for skin on skin contact.

he placed the top next to him and then unwrapped the baby out of her baby blanket and placed her on his chest. he kissed her forehead as she grimaced at the knew feeling. he felt at ease with his baby on his chest. he honestly forgot that you were in surgery when he had her on his chest. his love for his daughter grew more and more as he watched her. he decided it would be best to call your mum and tell her what was happening. "hello? Joe? is she alright? how's the baby? how are you?" he heard your mum say, anxiety laced in her tone. "the baby is fine, i'm holding her right now, i'm doing okay and y/n is still in surgery. i'm so scared y/m/n. i just want her to be okay and there nothing i can do about it" he said, his voice sounded hurt and scared. "i know Joe, but guess what? she's a fighter. she would never ever leave you alone with a baby. she's been waiting for this moment since she was a little girl and she would not let that got easily" your mum said as she heard the nervousness in his voice.

"you focus on the baby and i want pictures" she joked, trying to make light of a bad situation. in all seriousness, your mum was terrified. her baby was losing blood and there was nothing she could do. she had to be strong, not for you, not for Joe, but for the little baby in his arms. baby's feel parents emotions and she didn't want the baby stressed or upset. "i know, i'll send you some pictures to you know. thank you y/m/n. i really needed that" he said, taking deep breaths. he needed to be strong for his baby. "no worries Joe. you take care now" she said ending the phone on him when they said their goodbyes. he opened his phone camera and watched his baby's face change as she looked around the room.

he took some photos of her and him together then some of just her and sent them to his mum, your mum, and some close friends. he then lifted his feet to the end of the seat which made his knees almost touch his chest, he leaned the baby on his legs and watched her. "hey pretty girl. you are so beautiful aren't you hmm? your mummy is gonna be fine and you'll get to meet her properly soon won't you? yeah you will and everything will all be fine" he watched as she gave him a small smile as she watched him talk. he laughed gently before taking a few more photos of her. he had never been in love with something more. yeah he loved you with his whole being but being a dad was a new feeling that he had never felt before. he felt different when he got with you after his previous relationship ended and he was so lucky to have you in his life.

he spoke to your baby for at least an hour. he watched as her eyes fluttered from open to closed as she listened to his voice. he kept talking to your baby and jumped a little when he heard the midwife come through the door. "Mr Keery? your wife is out of surgery" he stood up and asked the midwife to help him wrap up the baby in the baby blanket as he got his top on. the midwife first took him back to the baby nursery and put her back into her crib before taking him back to the room where you were. he looked through the window that was in the door and saw you awake, sat up in bed talking to the doctor. he told you that you were lucky to be alive from how much blood you lost. you nodded your head as you listened. once the doctor left, Joe came in.

he immediately walked to the bed, sat next to you and pulled you into his arms gently, trying to not hurt you. he put his head into your neck as he hugged you. "oh Joe i'm okay baby. calm down okay? i'm alive, i'm better, don't worry love" you said, rubbing a hand up and down his back, trying to calm him down. "y/n, i was so worried. i've been here the whole time you were in surgery and i was so scared" he sobbed, looking up at you. "i know baby, i'm sorry. but look, i'm okay, the doctor said i can go home tomorrow so that's a good sign isn't it?" you said, wiping the tears which fell down his face. "knock knock, i hope i'm not interrupting, you have a little visitor" you both looked at the midwife who at the door, rolling the crib into the room. she placed the baby next to you guys and gave you a smile. "i'm glad you're okay, i'll leave you guys to it" she said. this was it. you were all together again.

you looked to your left, where the baby was laying. your eyes filled with tears. you moved slightly, trying not to hurt yourself in the process. you picked the baby up and layer back with her, you moved over so Joe could lay down next to you. he had messaged your family before going into the room saying that you were okay and that they could come over to see you and the baby. you both watched in awe at every movement the baby made. she was the perfect mixture of both of you. she had your nose, your eye shape and your eyebrows and she had a tiny little mouth. she had Joe's hair, ears and eye colour. the perfect combination. after twenty minutes of complete silence, watching your baby, you guys heard a knock and saw both your families outside the door. you smiled when they entered the room with balloons and gifts in their arms.

you laughed when they all gushed over the tiny baby in your arms. you passed the baby to Joe as your mum and dad both came and gave you a hug. "i'm okay guys. sorry to give you a scare" you said, rubbing your mums back. "my baby has her own baby. i'm so proud of you y/n" you mum said, stroking your cheeks. after Joe's parents gave you a hug, they all sat down and passed around the baby, greeting their new grand baby. Joe was still next to you, kissing your forehead every so often, making sure you were okay. you were happy to be alive and now you could watch your baby flourish into the beautiful woman she would become.