rings - s.h

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! a Steve Harrington proposal imagine 🥹 cutest thing ever.

Steve had been weird. well, weirder than usual. he would leave you at your house, just outside of Hawkins, and not come back till early hours of the morning and you were sick of it. you'd been with Steve for 6 years and you'd started dating just after they'd finally defeated Vecna. you were worried that maybe you'd done something and he wasn't telling you, or that he was going to break up with you and leave you for someone else.

you just wanted to speak to him and even then, he would just turn away from you and ignore you. it was a sunny, Tuesday afternoon when you heard the phone ring. you answered and heard Dustin speak up. "y/n, do you think you could come here? somethings happened and it's serious" he said quickly. your heart immediately dropped. "something serious? is Steve okay? is everyone else alright?" you asked, you needed to know what was going on.

"can you just get here? it's hard to explain" he replied, making you feel more anxious. you looked at the time on the clock and saw it was 5:38pm. it would be getting dark soon. "Dustin, is something wrong with Steve? i have to know so i can prepare myself" you said, finding your keys on the kitchen counter, once you'd ended the phone, you could grab your keys and get there within an hour.

"y/n, Steve's fine okay? just when you get here, go to Steve's old back garden, his words not mine" Dustin said. what you didn't know was Steve was standing right next to Dustin, telling him what to say to you. he knew he'd been distant and he wished he went about things differently, but, he knew if he was talking to you he'd spill the secret that he'd been planning for a year.

"fine Dustin, but i'm if this is some stupid prank you guys have been planning then i will gladly, never speak to any of you ever again" you said sternly, you heard Dustin whisper something to someone before coming back to the phone. "i promise it's not a prank, see you later, love you bye" he said before hanging up the phone.

you grabbed your keys and walked out to your car, you sped out of your driveway and made the hour long journey to Hawkins. when you saw the 'Welcome to Hawkins' sigh, you'd never been so relieved. you drove to Steve's old house where you saw Dustin standing there, waiting for you. "Dustin? what are you doing here?" you questioned him, he looked nervous but kept his cool.

"i have to blindfold you and help you through the house" he said sternly. you had never been more confused in your whole life. you let Dustin put on the blindfold and you allowed him to guide you through Steve's parents house. "Dustin if you dump a bucket of cold water on me i'll kill you" you said, not knowing where you were in the house. what you didn't know was that everyone was watching you, well, every kid Steve had babysat- Will, Mike, Dustin, El, Lucas and Max.

"i'm not gonna do anything y/n, just shush, we are in the back garden now" he said, he released your hand and you were stood there, waiting for something to happen. "y/n, you can take your blindfold off" you heard Steve say. you'd finally heard the voice you'd been wanting to hear for the past few weeks. you took off your blindfold and squinted your eyes, allowing them to adjust to the bright lights.

you looked around the garden and saw a blanket on the floor with polaroid photos of you and Steve scattered across it, Steve was stood next to you and he helped you walk towards the blanket. the garden was covered in fairly lights and there was a few other meaningful things scattered across the carpet which you and Steve loved.

"Steve, what's all this about?" you questioned, confused. Steve sighed before standing in front of you, holding your hands gently. "okay so, i know i've been an absolute dick these past few months but i couldn't look at you without almost spilling what i've been preparing to say. i love you so much y/n. i've loved you since i first saw you walk into family video and i'm so happy i was working that day. when i asked you to be my girlfriend i was shitting myself but now here i am six years later and i'm so happy with how we are going" he said, your eyes filled with tears as he spoke, you didn't want to jump to conclusions but you thought you knew what was about to happen.

"you are so beautiful and you're so kind and smart and i'm so lucky to have you in my life. when everything happen with Vecna and every other weird creature coming to Hawkins, i knew i had to get you out of here but i thought it only be best to ask you this where i asked you to be my girlfriend." he carried on before reaching in his pocket for something. he pulled out the black, velvet box and started getting down on one knee. your hand went to your mouth as you gasped, this was really happening to you. he opened the box and you saw the most beautiful ring.

"i can't see myself with anyone but you and i can't wait for the day i call you my wife so y/n y/l/n, will you marry me?" he said, a small smile on his face. your tears fell and you nodded your head quickly and you allowed him to grab the ring out of the box and slide it on your left ring finger. he stood up and your hands went to his cheeks, pulling him in for a kiss. "you're an asshole, i thought you were breaking up with me" you said, looking up at him. he shook his head and wiped your tears, kissing your cheek.

"you really think id break up with you after telling you i want six nuggets with you? come on now" he said. you pulled your left hand away from his face and looked at the ring. "do you think i made a good choice with the ring?" he whispered, watching you analyse the ring. you nodded your head, a huge smile on your face. "it's beautiful Steve" you said, wrapping your arms around his waist. "i love you so much" he said, kissing the side of your head. "i love you more" you said, squeezing him in the hug.

the kids ran out of the house, scaring you. "jesus, what are you guys doing here?" you asked as they all joined yours and Steve's hug. "we helped Steve set it up, you don't think he did this all by himself did you?" Max said, making everyone pull out of the hug. everyone laughed and Steve shook his head. "yeah well it was my idea and i'd say it was a pretty good one" he said teasingly. everyone nodded their heads and started talking about some school stuff but you never let go of Steve. you'd never thought he'd be so thoughtful, remembering that he'd asked you out in his parents back garden, picking out a beautiful ring, you judged him too quickly but you definitely knew that Dustin helped him pick it out but you didn't mind, you lived Steve and the proposal was perfect.