more than a friendship - j.k

today you and Joe were doing the 'Friendship Test' with Glamour on youtube. you had known Joe for a few years through working on Stranger Things and your 'silly crush' on him only grew throughout the years. you both was asked questions at the start of the interview about how you guys met and then it was time to stand in front of each other and write down what your favourite things and characteristics of that person was.

you kept sharing sneaky glances at Joe as you wrote them down. "Joe, i am very jealous of your hair, it's a lot nicer and i'm very jealous of how much attention it gets. i also think that you're a very kind person and the way you treat others is a beautiful thing. you treat the cast and your fans with respect and you took on the responsibility of being the 'mum' in the group which is quite funny to watch. i also love hearing your singing, you're very talented and your voice is beautiful" you read the cards and once you had finished reading out what you had written, you looked up to see him smiling, his eyes almost closed from how wide it was. you gave him a soft smile back. "that was beautiful" he said, remembering the words you had spoken about him.

"Y/n. i love seeing you when you are interacting with your fans, you speak to them with such kindness and you always seem so interested when they are speaking to you. your eyes are one of my favourite things about you and when you are seen with your family, they fill with love and it makes me happy to see you happy, you are breathtakingly beautiful and smart and i'm very lucky that you are in my life." he spoke, reading the cards. no one had ever spoken about you like that before and it honestly made you emotional. you shoved him and dabbed the tears under your eyes, trying not to smudge your makeup. "you've made me cry you asshole" you said, laughing a bit. he laughed as well and then you were told to move on to the next test.

"so, you two will have to look into each others eyes for four minutes." May said, the interviewer who was behind the camera said. you sighed and looked up into Joe's eyes. you kept the stare and it was silent whilst you kept the eye contact. your heart swelled with love, each minute you stared into his eyes, a light pink blush covered your cheeks. he was beautiful. after two minutes, your started laughing, it wasn't so much as awkward, it was just the silence that followed it. Joe laughed as well, but you still kept the eye contact. you both had never really stopped and looked into each other's eyes. after the four minutes were up, you both started laughing. "i don't wanna look away" Joe said, turning to the camera. you laughed and he carried on talking "that was cool" he said, looking back at you.

you nodded your head and the interviewer said it was time for the next challenge. "now you're both going to do trust falls" your head shot up from the floor, your eyes wide. you were not really that strong, and catching Joe was going to be an issue. "ladies first" he said, "i'm really scared" you said, your back facing him as you put your arms across your chest. "why are you scared? i'm not gonna drop you" he said, sounding genuine. "put your arms out" you said, scooting closer to him so you didn't have to fall to far. "okay, i'm ready" he said, waiting for you to fall. you fell backwards and felt his hands on your back, stopping you from falling flat on your back.

he pushed you back up and you started laughing. "why was i scared?" you said, turning back to Joe who was smiling at you. "you guys have to do it multiple times at different heights" May said, you shook your head. "no. no. i'm gonna fall" you said. "y/n. i won't let you fall okay?" he said, he put his hands so they were basically on your back, you fell backwards and felt his arms stopped you once more, this time you were closer to the floor. "okay, that's enough. i do not like that" you said as Joe helped you back up. "how am i meant to fall without crushing her?" he said, looking at his manager who was behind the camera with May. "do you think you can do it?" May said, looking at you. "i'll be fine i guess" you said, nodding your head. you put your arms out, waiting for Joe to fall backwards.

you waited for a bit and Joe never fell. "what are you waiting for" you said, laughing at Joe. he laughed as well and spoke up "should i fall now? are you ready?" he said, his head turning slightly to you, you smirked and said yes and he fell. you caught him and helped him back up. "that was okay wasn't it?" he said, turning back to you. "yeah it was okay, i don't think i could do another one though. i think i'd fall over" you said, looking at Joe who was already looking at you. you smiled at him and turned back to the camera. your cheeks heating up when you felt Joe's eyes on you still. "how are you guys feeling after that and what was your favourite challenge" May said, looking at you both.

"it was a nice test. my favourite part was the first challenge." you said, Joe nodded his head agreeing. "i liked the first challenge too, but i also like the second one" he said, looking at you. you put your head down slightly and once they told you that you had no more challenges, you looked up and put your arms out for a hug. Joe hugged you and rubbed a hand up and down your back. you pulled away when you were called by your manager saying you had a phone call. you pulled away, making quick eye contact with Joe before turning away. you quickly thanked May and the rest of the crew for being so kind before you walked into your own hotel room. your head was scrambled. your feelings had only grown more and you were falling more in love with Joe. you couldn't focus on the phone call.

after taking your phone call, you heard a knock on the door. you walked there and saw Joe, he looked nervous and spoke up before you could say anything. "i may be reading signals wrong but please stop me if i'm making you uncomfortable" he said before putting his hands on your cheeks. he pulled you in for a kiss and you instantly kissed back. it was filled with passion and love and you felt the connection instantly. he pulled away and rested his forehead on yours, eyes closed. "doing that interview made me realise we aren't friends and i want to be more than that. i want you to be my girlfriend" he said, out of breath from the kiss. "yes" was all you said, before pulling him back in for another kiss. "they need to change the name of the interview" he said in a joking tone. you laughed and slapped his shoulder but you were happy that you finally got who you wanted.