family walks - j. k

THE RETURN OF LOCKIE- honestly my favourite baby name😭

it was a late Sunday afternoon. you had just finished watching a Disney movie with Joe and your daughter, Lockie. she had just turned one and she was full of energy. it was a nice day and you didn't really want to waste it so you suggested going on a walk in the forest which was about half an hour away from your house. Joe also liked the idea and you both started getting ready. you and Lockie walked up the stairs, her hand holding onto your pointer finger, allowing herself to balance as she walked.

you both walked into her room, helping her pick out an outfit for the walk. even though it was a nice day, you knew it would get cold, so you dressed her in joggers and a hoodie and put her hair in a pony tail. it wasn't really long but putting it up allowed it to get out of her face. you put on her little trainers and walked with her to your bedroom where Joe was just finishing putting a hat on top of his head. when he saw Lockie, he put his arms out and scooped her up, she giggled and put her hands on his face, he took her back downstairs, allowing you to get ready.

after you put on your trainers, you walked downstairs, seeing Joe and Lockie sat on the sofa, Joe 'eating' her hand. she laughed loudly as he did it, making him laugh with her. "aren't you two so cute" you said, walking to them, sitting down next to Joe a hand running softly across Lockies cheek. she blushed and let her face fall into Joe's chest. you laughed lightly and got up, putting your hand out for Joe to grab. he did and you grabbed the keys that were on the side by the front door. you both walked to the car, hand in hand, Lockie on Joe's shoulder still. he got her into her car seat and you sat in the drivers seat, waiting for Joe to get in.

you started the drive to the forest and it was filled with Lockie singing along to every song that came on the radio. once you arrived at the forest, you decided to follow the trail through it instead of making your own way around it. you grabbed Lockies hand and watched as she waddled around the car park. she tried to pull you to the trail but Joe had to get a ticket, showing that you had paid for the car parking space. when you didn't move, she started to get agitated "mama" she said, trying to pull you away. you bent down to her level and caught her eye sight. "we just have to wait for daddy to get the ticket then we can go on the walk yeah?" you said, brushing the few stray hairs that had fallen out of her 'ponytail' and then kissed her cheek.

she wrapped her arms around your neck and you stood up with her in your arms. after a few minutes of her cuddling you, Joe came back with the ticket and put it on the dashboard. "are we ready to go then?" he said, ticking at Lockie's side, she squirmed in your arms and you put her down. both you and Joe grabbed hold of one of her hands and walked with her to the trail. you were about halfway through your walk when you noticed a field with some flowers in it, Lockie's eyes lit up when she saw it and 'pulled' you both towards the field. Joe picked her up, allowing her to see the many flowers that covered the field. he eyes lit up at the sight. you saw a few butterflies fly around and she pointed to them. "flys" she whispered. you had tried to teach her a few different animal names but she wasn't really getting it.

you obviously didn't mind as she was only one but your eyes filled with adoration when she said that. "that's right love, butterflies" you said, leaning your head against Joe's shoulder. he rested his head on yours and you guys watched the world go by for a few minutes. "walk" you heard Lockie say in the silence.
you looked up from Joe's shoulder as she squirmed, wanting to get down and finish the walk. you took hold of her hand again and this time, Joe took ahold of your hand instead of Lockie's. you guys walked around the trail in the forest, you and Joe talking about different things with his new movie he's been casted in and other things which have happened in your lives.

after the forest walk, you all walked back to the car, you put Lockie in her car seat and got into the front, Joe had decided he would be the one driving home. as you were looking out the window, you felt Joe grab your hand. you turned to him and saw a smiled placed on his lips. he quickly turned back to check on Lockie, seeing her head pressed against the car seat head rest, fast asleep. poor baby had walked so far and tired herself out. he nodded his head back to her, basically telling you to look back so you did. your heart melted. she was the most precious thing ever. you got your phone out and took a quick picture of her. "she's so cute isn't she?" you whispered, turning back to face the front, grabbing Joe's hand again.

"of course she's cute, she's ours" he said cockily. you scoffed and laughed at him. "she's my favourite person ever" he said, you looked at him offended. "-besides you" he continued once he saw the look on your face. you laughed quietly, not trying to wake her up. you arrived home twenty minutes later than you usually would have due to traffic, but nevertheless you got home. you went to get Lockie out of her car seat but Joe stopped you, complaining that he wanted to do it. you moved out of the way, allowing Joe to pick her up, and walked to the front door, unlocking it. you walked in and waited for Joe to come in with Lockie in his arms and you closed the front door. "should i put her in her room?" he whispered, hand rubbing up and down the little girls back softly as he spoke. you shook your head 'no'.

"why don't we just go upstairs with her and get in our bed?" you suggested, walking closer to Joe and Lockie, once you did, you stroked her cheek. he nodded his head and stopped rubbing her back and grabbed ahold of your hand. he kissed you quickly before pulling you upstairs to your bedroom. he gently laid Lockie in the middle of the bed and took his shoes off, allowing him to be more comfortable, you did the same thing and got into bed next to Lockie. you both sat there in comfortable silence, watching Lockie sleep. the one thing in your life you were most proud of was her, she was made by you and you were so mesmerised by the one year old. you looked at Joe, who was smiling softly at the baby in between you and reached a hand up to his hair. "i love you" you whispered, playing with his hair. his eyes left the baby in front of him and looked up at you.

you smiled at him, hand never leaving his head of hair, he smiled back. "i love you too" he said, grabbing the hand which was in his hair, pulling you closer. "be careful, i don't want to squish her" you laughed, moving the little girl slightly so you could be closer to Joe. he whispered a quick 'sorry' before kissing her head. "do you think we will ever have another one?" he said, looking back at you. you sat up, leaning your whole body on your elbows. "what makes you ask that?" you replied. he never really spoke about having more than one baby so you were surprised he brought it up. "well, i was just thinking, we can't let her be an only child can we? she'll get lonely" he said, his hand moved to stroke her cheek as she shifted slightly. "give it a few years" you said, smiling at him. you always wanted more children and Lockie made you want to give her a little sibling. he nodded and you leant over her, kissing his forehead. you loved your little family.