scared - j.k

you were 9 months pregnant. you had never been more excited about something in your whole life. you had created a life, a human being. your body had definitely changed to how it was before but you were always so proud of the marks your baby had given you. you were sat on the sofa, Joe had gone to buy some McDonald's for you because you were craving a double cheese burger and a chocolate milkshake.

for the past three days you had been having Braxton Hicks. they were very painful but you were pulling through. because you were passed your due date and you just wanted the baby out of you. with the Braxton Hicks still going, you were wondering if they had turned into actual contractions. with Joe gone, the stress of the 'braxton hicks' made you hyperventilate. you were in pain the whole time you were sat in the sofa, you tried your best to time the contractions and they were getting closer together. you got up as fast as you could and phoned Joe. each contraction coming quicker and harsher with each one. the contractions felt completely different to the Braxton Hicks and they were so much more painful.

you phoned Joe and he answered on the third ring. "Joe. i'm hyperventilating, i can't breathe" you said between tears. you don't know what came over your, it just started to happen. "y/n? baby calm down. take a deep breathe okay? tell me what's happening" he said, trying to sound as calm as possible. you walked into the kitchen and sat on the stool that was near the island. "i- i just can't do it. i know i'm having contractions a-and they hurt so much" you said, sobbing. "wait you're in labour now? i'm on my way home, give me five minutes i'm just coming up the road. take a deep breathe okay? i'm almost there love." he said, you sighed and tried to calm down and whispered a small 'okay' before ending the call. you were still sat in the chair, trying to calm down your breathing. you still had tears rolling down your face but you knew that was only because of the pain, not because of the anxiety attack. you also were timing the contractions in your phone stop watch- 5 minutes apart.

you heard the front door open and then slam shut. Joe ran through the house. he walked into the kitchen, set down the food and then came back round to you. you lifted your head from your arm and looked up at him. he sighed and helped you up, pulling you into his harms for a hug. "you doing okay, how many minutes apart are they?" he said, rocking your bodies slightly and he kissed your forehead. "five minutes. they are so painful Joe. but i don't know why i started hyperventilating, it just came over me" you said, tears still falling down your face. Joe wiped them away, trying to calm you down. "you know, you are already doing so amazing and they aren't even here yet?" he said, pulling your face to look at him. you smiled a bit before you rested your head in his chest, another contraction coming.

suddenly you felt a gush of water fall out of you. you gasped and pulled out of the hug. the contraction was so strong it broke your waters. Joe looked at you, wide eyed. he grabbed your hand and helped you up the stairs. you changed into joggers, with the help of Joe and walked back downstairs, Joe helped you put on your shoes and helped you up before walking out to the car. the baby bag and car seat was already in the car so that was two things you didn't worry about. you and Joe had to stop from a contraction. you breathed deeply, trying to ignore the pain you were undergoing. "you are doing so well love." he said, putting a hand on your bump, you put your hand on top of his and stood silent for a minute. after the contraction went, you both carried on walking to the car and Joe helped you get in.

the drive to the hospital was filled with pants, screams and moans as contractions came closer. you guys arrived at the hospital ten minutes later. Joe was just pushing the speed limit, trying to get to the hospital as fast as you could. you finally arrived at the hospital and Joe helped you get out of the car. he got the bags as well then we walked into the hospital, a few midwives rushing to you as you screamed in agony. you guys were placed into your own private room, there was a work out ball, you were given a gown to change into which Joe helped you put on in the bathroom and after you finished you walked back into the room and got into the bed with the help of Joe and the midwife. she put the feral monitor on your stomach and checked your contractions and the babies heart beat.

with each contraction, Joe was comforting you. he had been your biggest support throughout your pregnancy and you loved him. after being in the hospital for three hours, it was finally time to push. your family and Joe's family were all in the waiting room, anticipation and tension filled the room as they waited for their grandchild to be born. once the doctors and midwives were in the room, you started pushing. the pain you were going through was excruciating. "oh god. it hurts so bad" you said, the doctors had told you to stop pushing for a minute so you could breathe and you decided to finally speak up. "i know baby, but look how well you're doing! you are pushing out a whole human and you are doing incredible" Joe said, replying to you. he kissed your forehead and held your hands. you kept on pushing for about ten minutes before the baby finally decided to come out.

"and it is a beautiful baby girl. congratulations" you heard the midwife say as she placed the baby on your chest. you and Joe both had tears running down your face. "oh my god. a baby girl. i'm so happy" you heard Joe say. "you did so amazing baby, i'm so proud of you" he carried on, kissing your lips and then the babies forehead. you didn't feel right. the lee was just something wrong with you and you couldn't put my finger on it. "y/n, you okay? you've gone really pale" you heard Joe say as he looked at your face. "i really don't feel right Joe. can you get the doctor" you said, shifting in the bed. the midwife and doctor came, the midwife took the baby off of your chest and took her into the backroom where they were weighing her.

the doctor looked under the covers and saw you bleeding too much. way more than any normal woman should. the doctor looked up from the sheet and ushered Joe out of the room. "excuse me, what's going on? you can't just pull me away from my girlfriend." Joe said as he was shoved outside. "she's losing a lot of blood. she needs to be taken to surgery." the doctor said, closing the door on Joe. he started getting anxious. he walked to the waiting room with a scared expression on his face. both families got up with excited expressions on their faces. "whats the gender? how's y/n? how did she do with pushing" he heard your mum say. their faces fell when he started crying. "she's lost a lot of blood in there" he said, his mum instantly running to him. he didn't know what to do. his baby had just been born, healthy. but his girlfriend was in there fighting for her life. he was torn.