baby kisses - j.k

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! tiktok -
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNkycKMn/?k=1
THIS IS THE CUTEST TIKTOK IVE EVER SEEN OMG
Also a nappy is the British way of saying diaper!

you had just gone back to work after 4 months of maternity leave and to say you missed seeing your baby was an understatement. you missed seeing her smile at you throughout the day, you missed nap time where you would have her on your chest, feeling her small body move up and down with each breath she took, and you missed having family time with her and Joe. you would usually all be sat downstairs together whilst you and Joe watched a movie but recently you had been so tired after each shift, you went straight to bed after greeting them both.

you had just pulled into the driveway and saw most of the lights were off in the house so you assumed that they had both gone to bed and that Joe had left the light on so you could see. you checked the time on your phone and saw that it was 8:21pm. this was your first 12 hour shift on the birthing ward and you did not enjoy yourself. every few hours you would have to pump and dump which was wasteful and you just wish you stayed off for that full year of maternity leave you were offered.

you walked into the house and immediately chucked off your coat, shoes and bag and left them by the front door. all you wanted to do was find Joe and Esme and just hold them both. you felt as though you hadn't spent time with them in weeks and you just needed them. you were pulled out of your trance when you heard loud giggles coming from your bedroom. you ran up the stairs as fast as you could to see Esme laying on her back only in a nappy and socks with Joe laying over her, smothering her in kisses.

"hi angels" you said in a tired voice but your face has a massive grin covering it. you walked to the bed and sat next to them both, planting a kiss on Joe's head and then leaning down to leave one on Esme's head. Joe said his hellos before going back to smothering Esme in hundreds of kisses and she tried to return them. he bent down to her lips where they shared a quick kiss before he went back to her neck. her giggles got louder with each kiss he placed on her. "that's so precious" you laughed along with Joe as he moved his hair out of the way which had fallen down his face.

"you're so cute aren't you" he said to her as he lent down to kiss her neck again. she wriggled and laughed under him as her hands moved to the side of his face. you secretly pulled out your phone and recorded the interaction between Joe and Esme as her laughed got even louder. she then put her feet on his chest and accidentally 'pushed' him away from her and her face went blank and then she started frowning. "she pushed me away" he said to you, laughing and bending back down to her. the frown on her face quickly changed into a toothless grin.

her grin turned into more giggles when he kissed her cheek softly, her hands reaching up for his cheeks when he got close enough. "is that funny" he said, kissing all over her neck again. he turned her head to the side this time, mouth wide open as she tried to eat Joe's face. "she's trying to eat you" you said, seeing her mouth was still wide open, making you laugh. "are you trying to eat me?" Joe said, leaning up from her neck to look her in the eyes. 

he bent back down and this time her tongue touched his cheek. "oh she got me" he said, leaning away from her. she then put her hand in her mouth as he bent back down to her. "didn't we miss mama today? yeah we did. we don't like it when mamas away do we? no we don't" he said. stroking Esme's cheek softly. you sighed and turned off the camera before looking at him. "you know i don't like being away. but i have a week off now so" you said, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"we just miss you. you should of stayed off for the full year y/n. you're gonna stress yourself out." he said. his words hurt. you didn't want to go back to work but because your hospital you worked at was short staffed, your manager had begged you to go back to work with a pay rise. "i know. i just felt bad" you said as Esme grabbed your finger with her hand and pulled it towards her mouth, luckily you had washed your hands before leaving work. "you should have said no, you just had a baby, they shouldn't have asked you" Joe said as he kissed your forehead. Joe and your manager did not get along, she was rude, snobby and basically took you away from your baby, but there was nothing he could do now.

"Joe i can't do anything about it now. let's just not talk about work this week and focus on Esme, she's more important" you said, looking up at him. he bent down and placed a kiss on your lips for the first time that day. you kissed back and turned your head back to Esme who was still chewing on your finger. "i love you y/n" he said, leaving a few kisses on your forehead. "i love you more" you said, leaning into him more and he pulled an arm around your shoulders. you knew it would be fine and you knew your heart would always melt from the sight of Joe and your daughter.