sad hugs 2 - j.k

REQUESTED P2 FROM TUMBLR! im back! i've been away because i've been on my last ever school trip which is crazy 💀 but i'm finally getting requests out, hope this was okay <3

After dropping Lockie off at day care, he walked to the car and immediately got on the phone with you. "hey baby, you okay?" you said through the car speaker. you were sat at your desk at work, writing something stupid on the computer. "no not really love, i was doing Locks hair this morning and she just started sobbing her heart out. she didn't know what was wrong she was just sad.

she was somewhat okay when i dropped her off but i promised her me and you would pick her up from daycare." he said as he drove to work. he heard you sigh sadly through the speaker. "that's really sad Joe. i wonder what was wrong with her. i'll try finish work in a bit, i've almost finished what i needed to do anyway so i'll meet you at home for about 2 ish?" you said, checking the time on your phone. it was 10:36am.

Joe also checked the time and agreed. you both said your 'i love you's' and your goodbyes before hanging up the phone. that whole day, Joe was worrying about Lockie. he couldn't concentrate on his acting, he couldn't focus. he just needed to make sure his little girl was safe and happier. 2pm didn't roll around quick enough. he sped back to your house and thankfully saw your car in the driveway. he parked his car next to yours and locked it before walking to the front door and walking in.

he was tired but his mind was to focused on Lockie to even think about himself. he walked in the house, searching for you, and found you pulling a top over your head. "jesus, you made me jump" you said when you saw Joe standing at the bedroom door. "sorry, how was work?" he questioned as he watched you walk around the bed to grab your phone. "yeah it was okay, couldn't really focus though after what you told me earlier. how was your day?" you said, walking back around to where Joe was.

"yeah i couldn't focus either but at least we can spend time with her now" he said, wrapping his arms around you when you got close enough to him. you hugged him back and lent your head in his chest. "i missed you" you said, resting your chin on his chest as you looked up at him. "i missed you too" he said as he bent down to give you a kiss. you kissed back and then he pulled away quickly, realising you had to go pick up Lockie.

he grabbed hold of you hand and pulled you towards the front door and walked to his car. he walked to your side and opened the car door for you. "what a gentlemen" you said, laughing. he scoffed but nevertheless laughed back and closed the car door when you got situated in the chair. he got in and started driving to Lockie's daycare. the car ride was basically silent apart from the little hum of music coming from the radio.

you arrived at the daycare after 20 minutes of driving and you both quickly got out the car. Joe grabbed ahold of your hand and laced your fingers together and walked into the daycare. we spoke to the receptionist before she left to bring Lockie to the reception. you guys waited for a few minutes before you heard little feet running across the concrete floor.

when she saw you guys, her face lit ip with happiness so you bent down to Lockie's level and you opened your arms. she ran into your arms and put her arms around your neck. you picked her up and smothered her in kisses. Joe watched the scene unfold, happy she was in a better mood than before. she pulled away from your neck and you spoke to her. "are you okay? i've missed you" you said, pushing the hairs that had fallen onto her face away.

"i'm okay. i missed you mama" she said, falling back into your chest. you ran a hair through her hair and swayed her in the hug. "do you want to give daddy a hug?", you whispered into her ear as Joe waited patiently next to you. she moved out of your chest again and she put her arms out for Joe to take her from you. Joe had a massive smile on his face when she lent over for him.