baby - j.k

PROMPT FROM TUMBLR- " can you stop?! i'm pregnant, for crying out loud, it's not like i'm made of glass!"

you were eight months pregnant. obviously for someone in the public eye, Joe wasn't around much. he really wanted to be. when he was around you, it was like walking on egg shells. you were not allowed to lift anything, reach up to grab anything, do the washing up, clean, physically nothing. it really hurt your feelings, when Joe wasn't around you did everything then when he finally was you weren't allowed to
do anything?

you always wanted to keep yourself occupied. you didn't really have any interest in your phone or social media throughout your pregnancy and other than cleaning and watching TV, you had nothing else to do. it was a boring Friday morning. Joe had a day off so you knew you wouldn't be able to do anything. you were sat in the kitchen making breakfast for you both when he ran down the stairs and saw you standing near the island, by the oven.

"you. sit down, now" he said, grabbing hold of your hand and pulled you to the stools and helped you sit down. "Joe, honestly, i'm fine" you said, trying to stand up again. "no. sit down, i'll finish this" he said, he sounded stern. you sighed and sat down and rubbed your forehead. "how did you sleep? i heard you get up once or twice" he said, breaking the silence as he did the two or three dishes that were in the sink. "oh yeah i slept somewhat okay, they were kicking a lot on my bladder so i needed to pee like three times" you said, explaining why you got up a few times.

"i was going to come check on you but you weren't being sick so i just left it" he said, turning around after finishing the dishes. you laughed a bit. he served the food and you guys both sat down next to each other to eat, with your cravings, you wanted to get the ketchup so you tried to get up but you couldn't before he sat you back down. "what do you want, i'll get it" he said, walking to the cupboards where it was kept. you sighed "just the ketchup please". he got the ketchup and give it to you.

"how's filming been then?" you said, leaning your head on his shoulder. "yeah it's been okay, bit stressful but i only have a couple of scenes left to film which is good. i should be finished before the baby comes" he replied, stroking your hair softly. you left hand was on your bump and you rubbed it softly, the baby was kicking a lot more often now that you were nearing the end of your pregnancy and having the feeling of the baby, your baby, kicking was the best feeling in the world. you guys talked for a bit longer before you got up to use the bathroom again. Joe picked up the plates and started washing them up.

"where do you think you are going?" he said, turning to you once he heard your chair move. "Joe. i need to
go to the toilet then i want to have a shower. is that okay?" you said, sounding sarcastic. the hormones and a very running through your body. you walked away before he could reply. he was acting as if you couldn't do anything by yourself just because you were pregnant. you walked up the stairs and got a towel before going into the bathroom. you did your business then turned on the shower.

Joe was standing downstairs shocked at your little outburst. you hadn't spoken to him like that before. he didn't mean to be overbearing or obsessed but he just wanted you to be safe. he wasn't there much and he felt terrible for it. he wanted to be there more and he had made the decision that as soon as you gave birth, he would stay away from work to help you with the baby. he didn't want to wake up and leave for work, he saw you sleeping peacefully every morning and he hated leaving you, that's why he was so overprotective.

he heard the music you were playing blasting throughout the house and he went to sit on the sofa. he waited for you to come out of the bathroom so he could have a chat with you. he heard a yelp and some things fall and he instantly rushed up the stairs. he saw you over the sink, towel wrapped around your body and you hand covered in blood. he grabbed hold of your hand and examined it. "what happened? are you okay? do we need to go to the hospital?" he said, looking away from your hands and looked at your face. "i'm fine Joe, i cut myself on a razor by accident, it's only a small cut and it doesn't really hurt. i'm fine" you said, turning away from him and rinsed your hand with cold water.

your tone sounded annoyed, like you didn't really want to speak to him. after washing the blood off of your hand, you brushed past him and walked into the bedroom. he sighed and shook his head softly. he didn't realise it but he was making you stressed and claustrophobic. you felt like he was a parrot which was perched on your shoulder, watching your every move. the thought of having a baby alone was one of the most stressful things you'd ever been through and you didn't want your boyfriend, who didn't allow you to do anything, to make you even more stressed then you already were.

he followed you into the bedroom and saw you reaching up to grab some leggings and one of his jumpers. his jumpers were on the highest shelf in the wardrobe and he instantly ran to you, grabbing the hoodie you were reaching for. you sighed angrily as he gave you a small smile. "i could of got that myself" you whispered in an angry tone. "i know, i just don't want you straining anything." he replied, rubbing your shoulder. "i'm fine. it wasn't even that high up." you said, walking past him to the bed and sat down. you started putting your clothes on and got up once you were dressed. he started getting ready himself and once he was, he saw you downstairs, cleaning the floor with some floor wipes. you looked up at him and saw him wearing blue jeans and a blue top with a hat on top of his head.

you looked back down and kept cleaning the floor. "what are you doing y/n? get up off the floor" he said, trying to help you up off the floor. "can you stop?! i'm pregnant, for crying out loud, it's not like i'm made of glass!" you shouted. you finally snapped. you couldn't take being treated like a child for any longer. his face fell and he readjusted the hat that was on top of his head. he looked down and spoke up again. "i'm just trying to make sure you're safe. i wouldn't want anything happening to you" he said, his voice soft and full of hurt. "i don't care Joe. i'm fine, i'm not a child and i can take care of myself. the baby isn't going to get hurt because i'm cleaning the floor. i'm not gonna die if i try to reach for a hoodie or make breakfast in the morning. i can do things myself and i'm sick of you watching my every move. i feel like i can't even walk into a room without you following me. you are never here anyway so why does it matter if i clean. i never see you so it wouldn't matter if you just left. just leave me alone" you shouted back, struggling to get up off the floor but nevertheless you did it.

walking past him and walking up the stairs. as you were walking up the stairs, you heard the front door slam then a car start. you instantly felt guilty for what you said. you just couldn't take being treated like a child. you sat in bed, the blanket covered your body, you bump huge. because of the hormones, you started crying. the tears falling at a fast pace as you thought of how you just spoke to Joe. the baby kicked and kicked, obviously feeling your sadness. you turned on the TV and put on some random film which you weren't really watching. you just wanted to make sure the Joe was safe and you wanted to apologise. with your mind being somewhat preoccupied, you didn't hear the front door opening and closing.

you were watching 'The Princess and the Frog' when you heard the bedroom door open. you looked and saw Joe walking into the room and you instantly got up and walked round the bed to him. you saw his arms open gently and you walked into the hug. you started crying more than you already were. "i'm sorry baby" you heard him whisper as he kissed your forehead and rocked the hug back and forth softly. you sobbed more and couldn't get your words out. "no, i'm sorry. all you've done is nice to me and made sure i was okay and i shouldn't have told you to leave-" you spoke before he cut you off. "no, i shouldn't of made you feel claustrophobic and i should have realised you were fine and you didn't need me to help you. i'm sorry for making you feel pressured" he said, still rocking the hug. you looked up at him and kissed him softly.

he wiped your tears and you leant back into him. he rubbed your back and then broke the hug, and helped you sit on the bed. you laid down on the bed and he laid down next to you. he was laying on his back and your head was on his chest. he stroked your hair and your stomach gently. you realised that he was only just doing it to help you. you looked up to him and rubbed his cheek. he looked down at you from the film and smiled again. "i love you." you said, leaning up to him more. "i love you more and i can't wait for our baby to get here" he said, kissing you. yes he wasn't here much and yes he made you feel somewhat stressed, but you knew he would be an amazing dad and you couldn't wait to see him with your baby.