lie detector - j.k

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! everyone has such good requests i love writing them!

you were sat in the lie detector chair, geared up, ready to be questioned. you thought you would be doing this alone but you found Joseph, Gaten and Joe all in your dressing room this morning. you had also found out that they would be reading questions fans had asked, you were shitting yourself. you were scared about the different questions you were going to get asked and now you honestly couldn't lie.

the questions started with Gaten saying them first. "y/n. you have been in the public eye for a few years and are considered one of the most followed people in the public eye. if there was one thing you could do without being followed by fans and paparazzi, what would it be?" he said, this test made you think. you felt eyes all on you before you spoke up once you had gotten your answer. "probably go to my family's house and sit outside" you said, looking at Gaten. he waited for the examiner to speak up and when she did she said a small 'true' which you were happy about.

you did get followed around quite a bit and once the paparazzi tried to get into your nans house whilst your whole family were there and you were fuming. you were trash talked by the media and newspapers after you went outside and shouted at them for being disrespectful but that was last year. "y/n, you have done many modelling shoots with different celebrities over the years, would you say your favourite shoot was the Vogue magazine cover or not?" Gaten said, reading the next question. to be honest, you loved every single shoot you did but when you got asked to be on the cover of Vogue UK, you felt as though you had completed every single life goal you had.

"yes, Vogue was definitely my favourite shoot" you said , telling the truth again. you didn't want to lie and be called out so hearing Bonny, the examiner, say 'true' put your mind to ease after every question. then, Gaten passed the questions to Joseph and he read the next one in his head before laughing and showing the others. that made you nervous. you had done a few embarrassing things on set and out in public so you were hoping it wasn't one of those questions. "y/n, since you get photographed by the paparazzi almost every day. they do get some awkward photos of you." Joseph said, laughing out loud when Gaten push a photo of you, mid falling, on the pavement, ankle twisted. you started blushing and put your head down slightly.

"did your ankle hurt after this?" he said, looking at your face. you looked at the photo one last time before you burst out laughing. you nodded your head and then realised you had to give your response out loud. you all calmed down before you spoke up again. "yes, it hurt a lot. i went to the hospital after because it hurt so much" you said, making quick eye contact with Joe before turning to Bonny. she nodded her head and said a small 'true' before Joseph started saying your next question. "there are three questions left so, y/n, you have said in previous interviews that if you were going to get in a relationship, you would want it to be private but, have you recently got into a relationship or no?"

that was a stupid question. "no i am not in a relationship." you said, looking at Joseph as you finished your sentence. you heard Bonny say 'true' before Joseph handed the cards to Joe. his eyes widen at the question in front of his and he started to read it out. "you have been in Stranger things since season 3, did you prefer the season 3 cast to the season 4 cast?" he said. that was kind of a shitty question. you loved all the cast and it was basically the same as last season but season 4 brought in Chrissy and Eddie, your best friends in the show, so you definitely preferred season 4 to season 3. "no i didn't. i prefer the season 4 cast to the season 3 cast" you said, honestly, again. Bonny said a quick 'true' again and before Joe started talking, you quickly spoke up.

"god this is such a boring video, sorry guys" you said, looking into the camera. everyone laughed and then Joe started reading your last question. "do you have a crush on anyone on the Stranger Things cast and would you consider dating one of them?" Joe said, making your eyes widen in fear and embarrassment. you had always had a massive crush on Joe and Joseph knew. Joseph's face turned from happy to shocked. he laughed out loud at your facial expression before you spoke up again.

"no i don't have a crush on anyone and no i wouldn't date any of them" you said, lying. your heart beat increased as you waited for what felt like an eternity for Bonny to say if you were lying or telling the truth. when Joe heard your answer, his face turned into a hurt expression before he looked down. he quickly looked back up and changed his expression when he realised he was also being filmed and waited for Bonny to talk. "that was a lie" Bonny said, looking at you. you muttered a quick 'shit' before looking down. you heard Joseph's and Gaten's laughs in the background of your mind whilst a million thoughts raced through it.

you didn't want Joe to find out about your 'silly' crush that you had on him and here you were, being exposed by this stupid lie detector. "okay y/n, your questions are finished, you can switch places with Joe" your manager said. Bonny unclipped all the equipment from around you and once you were free, you practically ran to sit next to Joseph, your face covered in a bright red blush. "you're an idiot. why didn't you tell the truth, it would have been easier" he said, putting an arm around your shoulder. you nodded your head, acknowledging that he was right and the got given the cards by Bonny. Joe's turn went pretty quickly before his last question came up.

"Joe, you've been on the Stranger Things set since season one and you've seen many actors and actresses come and go, is there anyone you felt a personal connection to on the show and did you have romantic feelings for that person?" Gaten said. you looked down at your hands and sighed softly. you 'knew' that Joe didn't have a crush on anyone on the cast and that's why you kept your feelings quiet. "yes" he said, looking you in the eye for a split second when you looked up before he quickly turned his head to Bonny. 'true' she said, making Joe's cheeks turn into a bright red colour.

for the rest of the interview, you had a somewhat shocked expression on your face, Joe Keery had a crush on a cast member? you were utterly confused. after all the interviews had finished, you all got up and started walking to the dressing room. you and Joe walked together as Joseph and Gaten ran to see who would get there first. "so, i'm guessing your crush is Joseph" he said, making the awkward air even more awkward. "uhh. no actually. i don't have a crush on Joseph" you said shyly, looking down at your feet as you walked. "wait it isn't Joseph? then who is it, you have to tell me" he said, joking around. you sighed before stopping in the middle of the hallway. Joe stopped next to you with a confused look. "i don't have a crush on Joseph. i have a crush on you" you admitted, your face turned as bright as a tomato as you looked anywhere but at Joe.

Joe was shocked. you liked him back? after all the years of him basically making his feelings obvious, you finally liked him back? Joe didn't waste any time before putting both his hands on your cheeks, pulling you in for a kiss. your eyes widened before you practically melted in his touch. you kissed back, hands falling around his waist as the kiss continued. "i like you too" Joe said, breaking the kiss. you let your head fall into his chest as you blushed brighter than before. you guys liked each other and you were grateful for this lie detector test.