sad hugs - j.k

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR!! based on this video https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNjPmAJ2/?k=1
this is so cute i can't. i also know that they said they were going to church but i changed it up a bit.

Joe watched his daughter in the mirror as he brushed her hair gently. usually, since you were back at work, Joe would get your daughter ready so he could take her to the daycare who looked after her whilst he was also at work. he tried his best to get days off so he could spent time with her and so did you, but you had bills to pay and today was one of those days where you were both at work. you had left quite early, before Joe even got up, leaving him to get your daughter ready. he watched your daughter as a sad frown was placed on her face. her eyes filled with tears as he kept brushing her hair, then the silent tears started falling.

the tears weren't silent for long though, sad sobs raked through her body as she cried. "what's the matter love?" he said, still brushing her hair. he lent down and placed a soft kiss on the back of her hair before she spoke up, sadness laced in her tone. "i don't know" she sobbed, wiping her eyes with her small fingers. he kept brushing her hair, seeing the time. "what can i do for you baby?" he questioned. Joe hated seeing people upset, especially when it was his daughter. "nothing" she sobbed, more tears fell down her face as she spoke. Joe sighed and repeated what she said. "what do you wanna do with your hair?" he said, he knew she was upset but he didn't want to make it a massive issue, he knew it could be resolved quickly. "i don't know" she said, wiping her eyes again.

"you want a braid?" she shook her head. "wanna do two braids?" he said, brushing her hair still. "no" she cried, looking at him in the mirror. "what about curls?" he said, he knew that she loved having her hair curled and you had taught him how to do the many different hairstyles little girls love. she nodded her head, as more tears fell, he stopped brushing her hair and turned on the hair curlers. he looked at her in the mirror as they waited for it to heat up and he kissed her hair again. "you wanna tell me what's the matter?" he said, she shook her head 'no' as she let more tears fall, sobs leaving her body again.

he curled her hair at the ends, making sure she was 'okay' every few minutes. after he was finished, he turned the hair curler off and set it down, far away from her reach. "i want to hold you" she sobbed, he really wanted to know what was the matter. "you want me to hold you?" he said, looking at her in the mirror. she nodded her head as she wiped her eyes and made eye contact with him in the mirror. "okay come here" he said, she turned around and put her arms out for him to pick her up. he pulled her to him and fixed the little dress she was wearing and hugged her tightly. her little sobs were louder than before as he rocked her softly in his arms.

he lent to her forehead, leaving a few kisses on her hairline as he waited for her to calm down. after a few minutes of her sobbing in his arms, she quietened down but the tears never stopped. "who loves you?" he questioned, the little girls arms tightened around his neck as he adjusted her in his grip. "you and mummy" she whispered, her head on his shoulder, hands gripping the back of his top. "that's right" he said, kissing the side of her head. he kept his hold on her as he rocked her side to side, trying to calm her down. "you're going to have a good day today yeah? and i'm gonna pick you up from daycare early so we can spend time together. or do you want me and mama to picked you up?" he said, trying to get her to think of what they could do after daycare.

"you and mama" she whispered, finally calming down a bit. "okay Lockie. you feeling better now that you know me and mama are picking you up?" he questioned as he got her to look up from his chest. she nodded her head and he wiped the few remaining tears that were on her cheeks. "i don't like it when you're sad my love. do you think you could tell me what was the matter?" he knew he shouldn't be pushing her but he wanted to know what made his baby sad. "i don't know" she said honestly, he nodded her head and kissed her cheek softly. Lockie knew that she could go to her dad whenever she needed him.

Lockie's favourite people were you and Joe and she loved you both so much and vice versa. "are you ready now for daycare?" he said and he watched her nod her head rapidly. he put her down and took hold of her hand, walking with her downstairs to get her sandals on. they walked to the car and he strapped her into her car seat before driving off to the day care. once they arrived at the daycare, he helped her get out of the car and walked with her to the daycare entrance. he knelt down to her level when it was time for him to leave her there and she put her arms around him for a hug goodbye. "if you feel sad, get Ms.Brook to call me and i'll come get you but if you can make it through the whole day, remember, me and mama will be there" he said, giving her a squeeze back. "okay daddy, i love you" she said as she pulled away from the hug. for a three year old, she spoke so well, she was so polite. "i love you too angel" he said as he watched her walk into the daycare with Ms.Brook. he was so proud of her as he watched her walk to her friends, he'd always thought that she was strong and here she was, smiling like nothing had happened. he'd hoped she had forgotten whatever was making her sad and if not, he hoped he could someday make it better for her.