beautiful boy - s.h

you had recently moved to Hawkins. to say you were upset was an understatement. you had moved all the way from the UK, leaving behind your whole family except your mum, dad and brother. you had made quite good friends with your neighbour, Robin. she had made you feel welcome and safe. pretty much she was your only friend.

you were happy that you were 19 because that meant you wouldn't have to go to school, you were very socially awkward. it was a Wednesday morning when you heard a knock on your front door. you carefully walked through the cluttered house and opened the front door. you saw Robin standing there with two other girls who looked about 15.

"hey y/n, i was wondering if you wanted to come out with us to the mall?" Robin said, smiling gently. "oh uhh yeah okay. i need to get ready but i'll meet you there?" you replied, looking down at your outfit. you were wearing christmas pyjama bottoms and a hoodie. "oh yeah sure. would you wanna meet at like eleven maybe? that gives you an hour and a half is that okay?" Robin said, looking at her wrist watch. "yeah that's perfect, i'll see you later" you said, watching them walking away. you closed the door and started getting ready.

you finished getting ready and asked you mum to drive you to the mall. seeing the time you had ten minutes to get there, it took about five minutes to get there so you would get there early. you arrived at the mall and saw Robin standing there with the two girls that were at your house this morning. you got out the car and walked to Robin. "hey y/n, you look pretty" Robin said, pulling you in for a hug. you thanked her quietly and pulled out of the hug. "oh how rude of me, this is El and Max. they are my friends" she said, introducing you to the two girls. they both said their hellos and we all walked into the mall.

you walked to 'The GAP' where you guys started to do some shopping. to be honest, you had an amazing time. you didn't think that you would honestly and because you were socially awkward, you surprised yourself. you guys went into about twenty different clothing shops and your hands were basically full with bags that were full of clothes, shoes and accessories. when you moved, you wanted to change for the better, so you started with outfits. "i'm hungry" you heard Max say. she looked a little pale and you all decided it was best to go get some food. you walked to 'Burger King' and ordered food.

"you know, it's been nice today" you heard Robin say to you when the two girls were sat down in a booth. "yeah it has. thank you for inviting me, you didn't have to" you replied, smiling to her. "oh of course i did. you're one of my best friends and i know we haven't known each other long but it's nice to hang out with a girl who's my age." she said, lightly banging her shoulder with yours in a jokey way. you laughed and sat down with the other girls and all ate. the meal was filled with laughter, jokes, and conversations you'd never thing to have. "so, maybe we could all go to my house later and watch a movie? i work in Family Video so i could get whatever movie i want." Robin said, breaking the joking atmosphere. "yeah okay, what movie were you thinking?" El said, replying to Robins suggestion.

"oh maybe we could watch 'Grease'. i've never watched it and it came out ages ago." you said, throwing out a suggestion. all of the girls looked at you in shock. "you've never seen Grease? that's actually heartbreaking. we need to watch that" Max said, her eyes wide. "well, i haven't really had any time." you said, looking down. a little embarrassed that you hadn't seen the film. "oh no it's okay. i'm just shocked that you haven't seen it" Max replied, feeling a little bad that she made you uncomfortable.

"Grease is a shout. maybe we could invite the boys" El said. "who are they?" you said. you'd never met them before and you started to get nervous. "well, they are a of 14 and 15 year olds who are nerds. you'll be fine" Max said, replying to your question. "maybe we could invite Steve. he's working today. i'll ask him when i go get the movie" Robin said. "ooo yeah invite Steve. he's nice." El said. you had never been more confused but nevertheless you kept quiet. you all finished your food and then left the mall. your mum was waiting outside and you said goodbye to the girls. "y/n, come round my house at around 6 or 7, it's up to you." Robin said as you hugged her.

you walked to the car and got in, you put the bags in the back seats and your mum started driving. you got home at around 5 so you got changed into comfier clothes. you waited downstairs, speaking to your mum for a while before you walked to Robins house. you arrived at 6:23pm. you knocked on the door gently and a boy, about 14 years old opened the door. "uhh who are you?" he said, tilting his head to the side, analysing you. "i'm y/n. is Robin home?" you replied to the curly haired boy. "i'm Dustin. yeah she is, ROBIN" he shouted her name and she came walking to the door. "oh hey y/n. Dustin why didn't you invite her in, i said she was coming" Robin said to the boy. "well i was just making sure it was her." he replied, moving out the way so you could walk in.

you walked into the house and saw a group of young, teenage boys with El and Max. you smiled and said hello before sitting down next to Robin. you guys laughed for a bit before someone knocked on the door. your head turned to the door and you saw a boy, about 20 years old, wearing a bomber jacket, jeans, and a plain t-shirt. "woah" you whispered. Max, who was sat next to you, turned to you a smirked. "that's Steve" she whispered back. you instantly blushed. you didn't think anyone heard you, you hoped no one else heard you.

"STEVE" you heard Dustin scream. he ran over to him and hugged him. Steve hugged him back and smiled. "hey man, how are you?" he replied, stroking his back gently. you smiled a bit, you'd never seen an 'adult' boy be so kind to a teenager. they are usually rude and disrespectful but he seemed kind and caring. they both pulled away and walked into the living room. "hey guys, who's this?" Steve said, saying his hellos to the group before turning to me. "oh, that's y/n. she just moved here from the UK and she's Robins friend, she's nice" Mike said, replying to Steve's question. "oh hi y/n, it's nice to meet you" he said, smiling at you. "hi Steve" you said, smiling back.

you could not keep your eyes off Steve. his smiled as he whispered to Dustin about something you couldn't hear but he was beautiful. his hair was a bit messy but you did not mind. he looked amazing. you turned back to the film which you were starting to enjoy. Robin turned to you "you like Steve" you heard her whisper, making sure no one else was listening. "what? no i don't. i just met him" you whisper shouted back. you instantly started to blush. your face was bright red and you were thankful for the lights being off. "yes you do. i just met you and i can read you like a book" she replied laughing out loud. everyone turned to Robin and she instantly closed her mouth. "please don't say anything. i'm begging you" you said, turning to look her in the eyes.

"i wouldn't do that. i promise. but you should start hanging out with us more so you can, you know, get to know him more" Robin replied, giving you a small smile. you both turned back to the TV and kept watching the movie. the movie finished and basically everyone was asleep you looked around to see Dustin, Max, Robin and Steve were the only ones awake. you got up and got the stuff that you brought and spoke up. "i better head home. thank you for inviting me Robin. it was nice to meet you guys" you said as you started to walk to the door. you heard someone get slapped before someone spoke up. "wait. i'll walk you home. it's dark out there" you heard someone speak up, you turned to see Steve getting up off the sofa.

"oh urm thanks Steve." you said. your face blushed again. he walked to you and you walked out the door. "bye guys" you said, turning back to the group. before walking away. "so. i've never seen you around here before. why did you move here?" you heard him say as you both walked slowly to you house. "well, i moved here two weeks ago. bit of a shock i'm not gonna lie, but it's nice to have someone to talk to. Robin made me feel so welcomed so i'm happy to know someone" you said, a bit embarrassed that you just said how you felt to a person you just met. "well, Robin is a nice girl. she's one of my best friends." he replied, laughing a bit. it was nice to talk to him.

"well, this is me. thank you for walking me home Steve. i really appreciate it." you said as your walked up the steps to your house and turned around. "no worries. it was nice talking to you. maybe we could hang out just us two some time?" he said in a questioning tone. you smiled lightly, "yeah, i would really like that. ask Robin for my number and call me whenever you want to meet up" you replied, your smile growing. "oh yeah i will. bye y/n" Steve said, walking backwards, a smile growing on his blushes face. "bye Steve" you said, walking into your house, you waved and closed the door gently. you leant your back on the door and smiled widely. "what a beautiful boy" you said, as your cheeks flushed a bright red colour.