Ch. 60 - A Sense of Déjà Vu

A/N: Expect a new chapter every few weeks (or months) because that's pretty much all I can promise at this point, with my urge to rewrite this entire arc every 6 months along with my waning interest in MHA 😔

Anyways, I have a love-hate relationship with this chapter 🫠

There's also huge jumps in quality for the art this chapter since I drew two of them back in 2020 and then I decided to add some new ones back near the end of June. It's very easy to see the difference 🥴

----------

Three days later -

"Hey, Yaomomo, you doing anything for your birthday? It's near the end of this month, right?" Mina rested her hands against her cheeks, swinging her legs with an airy smile on her face.

The girls were sitting together again at lunch, albeit two of them were absent. Uraraka and Tsuyu had been called in for their work study.

Yaoyorozu nodded in response to Mina's question, taking a moment to finish eating her unagi. "Yes," she replied, wearing a delicate smile. "I have something planned. I talked with Aizawa-sensei about it, and he said he'd think about it but that it was likely to get approved. I won't tell you just yet, though. Hopefully sometime next week."

"Ehhh?" Mina whined. "Why not?"

Jirou tilted her head, staring at their vice representative. "Is it a trip? Since your family didn't get to go to Venice during summer break."

Yaoyorozu blushed, looking away sheepishly. "Something like that... You'll see, I promise."

Hagakure hummed, practically bouncing in her seat. "Sounds like it'll be exciting! Can't wait to hear about it, Yaomomo!"

The other girl smiled in appreciation. "I hope you'll all look forward to it."

"I'm sure it'll be great," Hitomi laughed, before getting up from her chair. She dusted off some crumbs that had fallen onto her skirt, picking up her tray from the table. "Well, I actually have to go to the bathroom right now... I'll see you guys in class."

The girls gave her waves goodbye as she dumped her tray, making her way out of the lunchroom. Hitomi sighed, placing her hands in her skirt pockets.

It'd now been a little over a week since she'd realized her feelings

And after that whole thing back in the classroom a few days ago, she'd been trying to keep some distance between her and Bakugou.

It wasn't like Hitomi was actually avoiding him or anything...!

Definitely not...

She just... made sure to detach herself from situations or conversations that he happened to be a part of. She wasn't someone very talkative to begin with, so it wasn't like it was out of the ordinary for her to go quiet, regardless of if he was involved. She only... happened to look away as well. No big deal.