Ch. 50 - Unwell

A/N: This was one of the chapters that didn't exist before, and became an amalgamation of others along with some extra writing I had to do, ahaha

----------

"Hey, Hitomi. Wake uuup..."

Hitomi's eyelids fluttered open, her head rising up from her arms to realize she had fallen asleep on her desk.

Uraraka had stirred her awake, and Hitomi rubbed her eyes to see the brunette, Iida, and Todoroki crowded around her desk.

Hitomi blinked, staring at the three of them. "Did I fall asleep...?"

Uraraka nodded, smiling at her a little bit. "Yeah, it's lunchtime now. You wanna sit with us today?"

Hitomi got up from her seat, smiling back. "I guess I haven't really in a while..."

She followed them out of the classroom, the group making their way to the cafeteria.

"Ahh, you sure are lucky Mic likes you, Hitomi," Uraraka commented. "If it had been anyone else who'd fallen asleep in his class, he would've yelled at them!"

Hitomi giggled as the group entered the lunchroom, going to stand in line. "That's only because I already know the language, though."

"Even so!" Uraraka exclaimed, shaking her fists. "You're lucky you already know it; that means the subject is super easy for you. English is so complicated..."

"Can't argue with that."

Iida adjusted his glasses as the line moved forward. "Had it not been for the fact you already knew the language, Kanetsukabe-kun, I would have admonished you for sleeping in class and missing out on crucial knowledge. I hope you don't start doing this regularly...!" Iida started waving his hands at her, to which Hitomi held her hands up in surrender.

"I won't, I won't, I promise!! It was just this once, I swear..."

By then it was the groups' turn to order their food, the conversation on hold. They quickly paid for their food, heading to the lunch table where the rest of their class sat.

Hitomi ordered ramen this time around, as she somehow still felt a little cold from being out quite late the night before. A hot lunch was just the thing she needed to warm her up.

As she listened to her friends converse, eating her ramen, she suddenly had the urge to sneeze, doing so while she still had noodles in her mouth. She tried swallowing them to keep herself from spitting them onto the table, but that turned out to be a mistake, as it caused her to choke.

Todoroki tried patting her back since he was the one sitting next to her. Once Hitomi's coughing fit had finally settled, she sniffled, her nose feeling runny.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" Uraraka worriedly asked.

Hitomi coughed again as Todoroki continued patting her back, holding her throat. "Ugh, I'm fine..." she sniffled again, fighting the urge to wipe her nose with her bare hand.

" she sniffled again, fighting the urge to wipe her nose with her bare hand