Ch. 64 - What Do You Think of Me?

A/N: This is one of the chapters that got a COMPLETE overhaul when I went back to reread this arc (I've reread through it so many times I can't even keep track anymore hgjkhksdh). I did not like the original version and found the interaction very awkward; I like this one a lot more and find it much more meaningful, even. I hope you guys will like it too :D

----------

(Hitomi is my little blorbo

(Hitomi is my little blorbo. I love her sm she's so cute sobs)

Hitomi watched as everyone made a dash for the crystal blue water, still standing in her cover-up dress that hid her swimsuit underneath.

There was one thing about the swimsuit she had a problem with.

The back of it was pretty low. Like... kind of under her waist low.

But... dammit, she couldn't say no to Mina!! Her friend had loved how it looked on her, she couldn't just shoot her down...!

Yet all she could think was...

...What would Bakugou think of it?

Hitomi slapped her hands against the sides of her head with a yelp, beginning to pace around in a small circle.

"Shut up, you dumb brain!" she scowled, staring down at the sand. She kicked the ground, causing a small cloud of dust. "It's my fucking back! Who would care about that??"

Hitomi slapped her cheeks, cursing as she felt her heart speed up at the thought of the hot-tempered boy. She was despising the fact that she cared so much what he thought of her.

All I have to do is think about him and it'll send me into a frenzy.

Hitomi sank back onto the blanket Mina had set up for the Bakusquad, sighing as she hugged her knees closer to her chest. She was supposed to be avoiding Bakugou, but she still felt guilty about ditching everyone else on the plane like she did earlier that she didn't have the heart to steer clear of them as the entire class went down to the beach.

Not to mention I still have to apologize...

At least Bakugou wasn't here right now.

Hitomi rested her chin on her knees as she heard the sound of flip-flops approaching her blanket, seeing Mina wave in her direction from the shore.

"Hurry it up, you two!" she heard Mina yell.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!"

Kirishima's voice. Hitomi's eyes shifted to see him drop a beach bag filled with snacks and towels onto the blanket, the bag making a quiet "thump" as Kirishima shed his sandals.

"You comin'?" he asked her, giving her a toothy smile.

"Ah... maybe in a little bit."

Kirishima's smile faltered slightly, before he turned to look behind him.