Ch. 33 - Taken Away

A/N: I kept flipping back and forth between if I wanted to make a GIF out of the picture I drew for this chapter, but I decided not to because it would just be a looping shot of a camera pan. [8/26/21 EDIT]: Lol who cares about the GIF when I added more art to this chapter XD

‼️[2/16/2023 EDIT]‼️: Added an additional interaction Hitomi has with a character that's fairly important. It does have an effect on future events in which I had to make slight edits to later chapters I'd already posted before this edit.

It's highly highly recommended you reread this chapter and the following 3 or 4 chapters if you're a longtime follower of this fic to account for the most notable changes this addition brought. I'm so sorry to my old readers from 2019-2022, I'm such a goddamn mess and when I thought of this concept I got waaaaay too invested that I just had to put it in TwT

----------

Hitomi felt the ground rumble as she navigated through the forest, following the direction the noise seemed to originate from.

Please be okay, Midoriya!!

She only planned to find him and protect him if need be. If Midoriya was fine, she'd head back to the campsite so she wouldn't worry Iida and the others anymore.

Hitomi sped up as she finally saw a clearing up ahead. She stepped out of the foliage carefully, mindful of the branches and leaves against her legs. Once out, she took a deep breath, glancing up at the large cliff in front of her.

If Midoriya's up there, help him.

If no one is there, go back to camp.

Climbing onto the rocks, she made small force fields beneath her feet, lifting herself up as she began to scale the cliff. When she was near the top, she heard Mandalay's voice ring through her head.

"Everyone in Class A and Class B! In the name of the pro hero, Eraser Head, you are granted permission to engage in combat!"

Hitomi clenched her jaw, worried over her other classmates.

The situation... is that bad?

Mandalay repeated the message and Hitomi shook her head, grabbing onto another rock. Her classmates... she had to have faith in them. If their experience at USJ was anything to go by... she had to believe they would be okay. And right now, she was only here for one thing, swinging her leg onto the ledge followed by the rest of her body.

Hopefully Midoriya's not unconscious or anything...

She stayed on the ground for a moment, letting herself breathe from her climb before she noticed her friend's phone on the ground. She picked it up, seeing it was completely destroyed with stray pieces of glass and plastic scattered about before setting the device down and getting up.

The sight in front of her made her breath hitch.