Ch. 12 - A Secret and an Apology

A/N: New chapter! :D I wasn't able to draw much until today because I got my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday, but it's here now!

I swear, the sports festival has had the longest chapters so far...

----------

"We'll proceed to the afternoon portion after a one-hour lunch break! See you then!"

The students headed out towards the cafeteria, Uraraka grabbing Hitomi once she exited the 1-A prep room.

She felt a vibration in her pocket, pulling out her phone to see she was getting a phone call.

"Uraraka, I'll be at the lunchroom in a bit. I'm gonna find someplace more quiet."

Uraraka nodded, before turning to follow her other friends to leave the stadium.

...

Hitomi walked through the quiet halls, answering her phone and holding it up to her ear.

"Hey."

"HITOMI!!" Nari's loud voice rang through the speakers, Hitomi having to pull her phone back to save her eardrums.

"Woah, woah, Nari, no need to yell..."

"We're all at your house watching the sports festival! I saw you on the TV! You're moving on to the last round, huh~?"

"Ah, yeah. I was almost afraid we wouldn't make it, since my team's leader said to wait for the right moment. It was nerve wracking..."

"Well, you still made it! You're going to do great at the last round, I know it."

Hitomi heard the faint sound of her mother's voice on Nari's end.

"Ah, sorry Hitomi! Your mom wants me to help prepare lunch; I need to go now. See you on the TV!"

"Mm. Bye."

Nari then hung up, prompting Hitomi to put her phone away. She was approaching a stadium exit, deciding to leave through there and go around to the lunchroom instead of walking all the way back.

She tried not to wonder why Bakugou was standing against the wall, about to turn the corner before he grabbed her arm.

"Hey-!"

Bakugou covered her mouth, glaring at her as he pulled her close.

"Quiet." His voice was barely above a whisper. Hitomi shoved his hand off her face, about to retort before she heard voices by the exit.

"...why are you telling me all of this?"

Midoriya?

"Quirk marriages.You've heard of them, right?"

Todoroki? What are they...

Todoroki was explaining the history of quirk marriage.

"...with his wealth and fame, my father made my mother's family agree to the marriage."