Ch. 55 - Understanding My Feelings

A/N: ⚠️READ!! (Long author's note ahead sorry but I need to talk about this 😅)

After 2+ years of being on hiatus...

IPP HAS FINALLY BEEN UPDATED!! 🥳🎉
(and on its 3rd anniversary no less)

For my old readers who are returning, welcome back and thank you for sticking with this story. It really means a lot ❤️
For new readers who are reading this fanfic for the first time and have just reached this chapter, hello! Yes, it did take me two whole years to post a new chapter because life got in the way and also my own insecurity over my old art/writing issues. It took me a little over an entire year to redraw old art and edit the previous chapters until I was satisfied 😭

But now that I'm done fixing old chapters, this fic is back on track to being updated again! :D

I wanna mention this now while we're here. I've rewritten/edited all the upcoming chapters from here on out maybe 4 or 5 times AT LEAST. Which is also why it took so long. 😂 Every time I came back to them, I found issues, didn't like how the story was going, or just thought it could be improved. So if you see sudden shifts in quality/writing style, that's part of the reason why. I'm not as happy with how everything turned out as I used to be (looking back at something you wrote 2+ years ago and constantly trying to rework it without overhauling the whole thing entirely will do that to someone 🤡), but ultimately, I'm satisfied with what I made.

Another thing I wanna mention is that there will no longer be a strict upload schedule. My OG plan was to draw everything in advance so I could post on a consistent basis (but we all know how that turned out aka I didn't upload for 2 whole years), but since I've made changes multiple times and had to scrap some artwork as a result, I'll be taking this at my own pace.

At the very least, I hope the wait was worth it and that you guys will enjoy 😊💕

----------

I like him.

Hitomi sat up abruptly, hissing to herself as her head throbbed in pain. Her eyes squeezed shut, her hand cradling her forehead as she waited for the pounding to subside.

That was a bad idea...

Hitomi lowered her hand slowly, staring down at her blanket. Her eyebrows furrowed as the thought repeated in her mind.

I like Bakugou.

"...That can't be right," she mumbled, her voice barely above a whisper.

How...?

Why...?

Hitomi looked over her shoulder, catching sight of the moist rag that had fallen onto her pillow.

That hadn't been there when she went to sleep.

She then looked to the side, seeing the foldable tray table she usually kept in between her dresser and bookshelf was standing by her bed.

That hadn't been there, either.

Hitomi turned her body so she was facing the table, her legs hanging over the edge of the bed. Her eyes widened as she stared at the soup Bakugou had left for her, the steam wafting up from it indicating it had probably just been cooked. Next to it, there was a box of cold medicine, a glass of water, and a bowl of warm water that was likely for the rag.

Oh.

Hitomi reached up to touch her forehead, her fingers lightly tracing over her skin.

Bakugou had been... taking care of me.