Ch. 81 - Ice Skating is a Bit Like a Dance

Hitomi sighed as she walked down the path to Heights Alliance, glancing at her phone.

She and Yoshiho had hung out at the boba shop for an hour and a half before Yoshiho's classmate had come to pick her up. The girl, Keii Soratabi, Hitomi recalled, had bought herself a drink while Yoshiho got her a pastry before they left.

Hitomi found herself smiling as she opened the door.

Even if Yoshiho didn't see it, it seems like she's finally making more friends.

She shut the door softly behind her, a voice jolting her out of her thoughts.

"You were out for a while."

Hitomi jumped, turning to find the Bakusquad sitting on the couches. She smiled at them as she made her way over.

"Oh, I was just showing Yoshiho the boba shop Nari works at."

Kirishima leaned back in his seat, quirking a brow. "Koatsu? How'd she make it all the way over here from the west?"

"One of her classmates was nice enough to use their Portal quirk for her..."

Sero whistled. "A Portal quirk? Wow, that's awesome! How is that Koatsu girl, anyway?"

Hitomi closed her eyes with a smile. "She's honestly not that bad. Nice, even. A bit blunt and awkward... but I can tell she's not a bad person."

Her eyes opened back up to see Mina staring at her oddly, before a bright smile erupted on the pink girl's face. "Hey, I recognize those earrings!!"

"Eh?!" Hitomi's hands flew to her ears, feeling crescent shaped metal dangling from her earlobes.

Ah!!

I completely forgot I had them on...!

Hitomi's cheeks turned a red hue, the girl getting flustered. "Uh- what about 'em?" she choked out.

"You're finally wearing them! Took you long enough, don't ya think, Bakugou?" Mina exclaimed, turning around to look at the ash blonde.

Bakugou only scoffed, looking away. "About damn time. It only took her almost three fucking months."

"I- I've been wearing them!" Hitomi protested, gripping her bag strap.

"Yeah, right. 'Next time I go out,' my ass."

Well, I can't argue with that...

Hitomi huffed, her cheeks puffing out as she made her way to the elevators. "I'm going to bed."

"You're not eating dinner?" Kaminari called after her.

Hitomi stepped into the elevator once the doors opened, giving them a wave over her shoulder. "I already ate out. Good night, you guys."

"Night!" the squad exclaimed as the doors closed.

----------

Tuesday -

"That's right!!" Mina exclaimed, pumping her fists. "They're having a discount this weekend for the new ice rink's grand opening!!"

"How much?" Uraraka asked, her curiosity piqued.

"I think it's supposed to be 535 yen (~$5) in total per person. 320 for admission, 215 to rent ice skates." Mina slammed her hands down on the table, a determined look on her face. "But it's only for this weekend!! It's starting to get colder anyway, and I think it'll be fun to go together as a class!! The rink is really big too, since it's in the Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall!!"