Ch. 68 - City Sights and Festivities

A/N: ⚠️ IMPORTANT ⚠️ I've since made changes to the Training Camp Arc to include a new character along with some other minor alterations. It is HIGHLY recommended you reread chapters 31-34, 37-38, and the dream sequence of 54. The most important edits are within those chapters. Have fun, and I hope you like the new character if you're a longtime follower ❤️

If you're a new reader that came after I already added those in this author's note doesn't even matter lol 😂

----------

Hitomi woke up that morning to find the bed empty.

She sat up slowly, rubbing her eyes as they tried to adjust to the sunlight shining through the window. As she looked around the room, all she was greeted with was silence. The memories of last night suddenly came flooding back to her, making her blush. Hitomi traced her fingers along her lips, closing her eyes.

I really did that.

She then proceeded to smack her head with a hiss. "Stupid!! Why would you do that??"

What was she thinking saying all those things? Spilling her guts about how much she liked him?? Running her fingers through his hair?! What would she have done if he'd gotten woken up by that?? Or heard her???

I really am just an idiot...!

Hitomi glanced at her phone to see it was 10 am, meaning she'd slept in again. Honestly, it was better that she woke up alone this time. If she'd woken up when Bakugou was still here, she'd act all awkward around him, and he'd definitely notice that.

What was I even thinking, doing all those things...?

It was just another example of the dumb things she did late at night. Another example of the stupid things she did around him. If she was really going to get rid of her feelings, indulging in them was one of the last things she wanted to do.

...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

There were loud pops and cracks as streamers erupted up into the air, flying around as Yaoyorozu was showered in confetti. The girl blushed, blowing out the candles on the cake Sato had baked.

Hitomi clapped for Yaoyorozu with the rest of the class, smiling as they all cheered. Yaoyorozu was wearing the necklace Hitomi had made her, making her smile at the sight.

The whole class chatted with each other as they ate cake, giving Yaoyorozu their gifts if they hadn't already and showering her with love. Yaoyorozu was incredibly happy, laughing with everyone as Kirishima and Iida helped Nix set up the barbecue grill on the patio for lunch.

"So, Yaomomo," Uraraka began, resting her arms on the table, "since it's your birthday, what would you like to do today?"

Hitomi sipped her juice as she saw Yaoyoruzu fidget, the girl bringing her hands up to her face as she blushed.