Ch. 7 - Rescue Training

A/N: Two chapters in one night! I'm so happy to finally be able to work on this fic again, and I don't have to leave you guys hanging :D

----------

"Now for today's basic hero training, this time, All Might, myself, and one other will supervise

"Now for today's basic hero training, this time, All Might, myself, and one other will supervise."

Hanta Sero raised his hand. "Sensei, what are we doing, exactly?"

Aizawa held up a card with the word "RESCUE" on it.

"Preparing you for disaster relief, from fires to floods. It's rescue training."

...

Hitomi walked towards the bus, decked out in her hero costume save for her goggles. If it was rescue training, she wouldn't need to hide the glow of her eyes, right? It wasn't like they'd be fighting anyone.

Mina was walking next to her, avidly talking about the different things they might do wherever it was they were going.

Iida was standing by the bus, blowing a whistle to catch everyone's attention.

"Everyone, line up according to your I.D. numbers!" He was moving his hands in odd gestures, as if he were a robot. "Fill those seats in an orderly fashion!!"

...

"Damn! It was this type of bus...!!"

Hitomi saw Iida bending over in his seat, likely either from shame or embarrassment.

She was seated near the back next to a boy named Shouto Todoroki, who seemed like he had been genetically cut in half. His red and white hair was perfectly split down the middle, and the preciseness of it kind of disturbed her.

She tuned in to the conversation near the front when she heard Kirishima's voice.

"... I'm good in a fight, but it gets real boring."

Midoriya and the others were talking about quirks fit for a pro.

"Well, if you're talking about flashy and strong, it's gotta be Todoroki and Bakugou, huh?"

Hitomi side-eyed Todoroki, recalling his performance during the battle training. He had single-handedly immobilized the villain team by freezing the entire building, without even damaging the bomb. Had he not needed Shouji's help in locating the other team, he would've practically done the exercise all by himself.

Hitomi heard Tsuyu speak. "Bakugou's always mad, so he doesn't seem like he'll be popular, though."

"WHAT THE HELL?! YOU WANNA FIGHT, FROG-FACE?!!?"

"See?"

The bluenette sighed, leaning her head back.

This was gonna be a long ride.

----------

The space-themed hero Thirteen proudly called the facility the "Unforeseen Simulation Joint".