Ch. 20 - Study Buddies

A/N: I've decided updates will be every Friday rather than Sunday, mostly because I can't control myself.

----------

Hitomi opened the classroom door, the first thing she heard being Kirishima and Sero's loud laughs

The hero internships had ended, leading the students to return to their regular school routine.

As Hitomi walked towards her desk, she saw Iida and Midoriya standing by Todoroki's desk.

"Hey, guys..." she said, an apologetic look on her face. "I'm so sorry about what happened; I didn't see your distress signal until the day after. Although, there wouldn't have been much I could do all the way in Ōsaka..."

"Oh, Kanetsukabe-san, don't worry about it!" Midoriya reassured her as she took her seat. "We just got some minor injuries, and the pros came just in time to save us..." He trailed off, looking away as if he was trying to avoid eye contact.

Hitomi bit her lip, appreciating his efforts to reassure her. Even so, she still felt bad. If she'd taken those few seconds to check the message, instead of leaving it for the day after, maybe... things could have gone differently. Maybe she could have told Crust, or- or let someone else near or in Hosu City know, something-

"Anyways, how was your internship?"

Hitomi blinked, snapping out of her thoughts. Midoriya was staring at her expectantly, not even bothered in the slightest.

She hadn't done a single thing to help him when he sent the distress signal.

But it was already much too late to dwell on it. At the very least, her classmates were all back safe. She did her best to muster up a smile.

"Oh, it was great!" Hitomi exclaimed. "I learned some basic combat training and different ways to apply my quirk! Thanks for recommending me to go there, Midoriya, it was super helpful!"

Midoriya spluttered at Hitomi's praise again. "That's good to hear..."

----------

The next day...

"Okay, that's it for class," Aizawa said as he gathered his papers. "There's only one week left until final exams. You're all studying properly, I hope? I'm pretty sure you all know, but it won't just be a written exam. There's also a practical component. Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That's all," he said as he left the room.

"I HAVEN'T STUDIED AT ALL!" Kaminari and Mina yelled, although the two different looks on their faces revealed how they felt about it. Mina was laughing nonchalantly while Kaminari was running his hands through his hair in a panic.

As everyone talked about how the finals compared to the midterms, Hitomi pulled out one of the notebooks from her desk.

It'd probably be a good idea to review the notes this time around...