Ch. 51 - Help With History

A/N: Dropping by to say there won't be a Monday update next week. I've got Mock Congress work to deal with, and while I do have those drawings finished, I want to be able to stay 3 or so chapters ahead consistently. One of the upcoming chapters is going to be almost completely illustrated so it can go on Instagram, as it's an important plot point. Since that's taking me a while it means no update next Monday, though.

----------

Hitomi's headache had worsened by the time they had returned to the dorms, the girl heading straight for her room to try sleeping it off with a quick nap.

She woke up two hours later, still in her school uniform and feeling like shit. Her headache had gone away like she'd hoped, but now her nose was runny while her throat felt all scratchy.

Goddammit.

Hitomi changed out of her uniform, something falling out of the pocket of her skirt as she was putting it in her laundry basket. It was a blue piece of cloth, and Hitomi realized she'd forgotten to wash Todoroki's handkerchief like she'd promised.

Hitomi sighed, bringing the basket downstairs to the laundry room on the first floor.

She leaned against the walls of the elevator, the cool metal soothing her warm cheeks

Please don't tell me I'm actually sick.

...

Hitomi pulled her clothes out of the dryer as soon as they were finished, the warm air flowing out of it only making her feel more sluggish.

As she was making her way to the elevators, she caught sight of Todoroki sitting on the couches, making her way over to him.

"Todoroki."

She placed her laundry basket on the armrest next to him, rummaging through her clothes before pulling out his handkerchief. "Here."

He took it, staring at it before looking back at her. "I said you didn't have to return it."

Hitomi fought the urge to cough, smiling at him. "It's fine! It's your handkerchief, I would've felt bad about keeping it..." She then looked away, blushing a little bit.

Not to mention what giving someone a handkerchief could imply, based on what anime's told me...

She grabbed her laundry basket, thanking him for letting her borrow it before making her way to the elevators. Unluckily for her, Mina had caught the exchange from the kitchen, squealing as she ran after her.

"What was that about~?" the pink girl smiled as Hitomi was waiting for the elevators. Hitomi coughed a little bit before glaring at her friend.

"If you think it's anything romantic, it wasn't. Todoroki gave me his handkerchief yesterday 'cause my nose was runny."

"Are you sure that was all it was~?" Mina teased, shooting Hitomi a smirk.

The elevator dinged, signaling it had reached the first floor. Hitomi huffed as she stepped inside.

"Yes. Now if you'll excuse me," she held up her basket filled with clothes, "I've got laundry to do."

Mina pouted as the doors closed, the elevator making its way to the fourth floor.

----------

Hitomi struggled getting through her history homework, tapping her head with her pencil as she stared at the question. She'd finished folding her laundry pretty quickly, and was now trying to get through her homework since she'd napped earlier that day.