Ch. 18 - Hero Names

A/N: I'm back! Sorry everyone for that unannounced hiatus... I had finals last week, and then I started working on an animatic for my YouTube channel...

But I'm officially on break! :D

I've decided this fic will definitely have an upload schedule, just so I don't feel pressured to upload so often. New chapters will probably be every Sunday if possible.

I haven't worked on this fic since the last chapter I uploaded; I only just started writing again yesterday... oops.

----------

Hitomi was waiting on the train platform before she felt something tug her skirt.

"Um, excuse me?"

Looking to her right, she saw a little girl looking up at her with a shy look on her face.

"Yes...?"

"You got third place at the UA Sports Festival, right?"

Hitomi's face turned red, realizing again that the sports festival was broadcasted nationwide. "Um, yeah, I did!"

The girl's face suddenly broke into a bright smile, offering Hitomi a pen and notepad. "Can I have your autograph?"

Hitomi's face turned even redder before she took the pen and notepad. "Of course..." she said as she knelt down beside the little girl. "Do you want to be a hero when you grow up?" she asked as she wrote her name.

The girl nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! I wanna be just like you!"

Hitomi paused, staring at her. "Like me?"

The girl nodded. "Super smart and super great at using your quirk! The way you fought was amazing! My dad even said you would be a good role model!"

Hitomi felt like her face was on fire. "Oh, well that's..." She struggled to find words before she heard a voice nearby.

"We need to go, sweetie!"

A woman was standing several feet away, staring at the two of them.

That must be her mom.

Hitomi drew a little doodle of herself by her name before handing the notepad and pen back to the girl. "I'm sure you'll be a great hero," she said as she pat the little girl on the head. "Just remember, there isn't just one single way to use your quirk. Always try to think outside the box."

The girl flashed her a smile before running back to her mother, right as Hitomi's train arrived.

----------

Class 1-A sat tense in their seats as they waited for Aizawa to announce what they'd be doing today.

"Code names," he said. "You'll be coming up with hero names."

The class cheered as people jumped out of their seats in excitement.

"We're gonna do something exciting!"

Aizawa's eyes flashed, the class falling back into order as if nothing happened. "This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation."

Aizawa continued, before he pressed a button on a remote.

"And here are the totals for those with offers."