Ch. 86 - Preparing for the Festival is the Best Part

Hitomi had barely fixed her tie before something caught her eye, running ahead of Mirio, Midoriya, and Eri and excitedly pointing out everything she saw.

"Look at this!! Oh, and that!! Wait, oh my gosh, what's that?!"

The three of them stared at the bluenette, Mirio scratching his head. "Kanetsukabe seems really excited."

Midoriya smiled sheepishly as he watched his friend. "She spent her junior high years in America, so this is the first time she's really gotten to participate in a school festival I think. I've never seen her so excited, honestly. She's usually a lot more laid back."

The three of them trailed after Hitomi as she stopped every few moments to point something out, amused at her excitement. Once they'd finally caught up to her, Hitomi rubbed the back of her neck, laughing in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I just can't help myself pointing everything out!" she told them. She opened her eyes, only to be greeted by the sight of a dragon. "What."

"Wha?!" Midoriya exclaimed, shielding Eri.

"Oh, sorry..." they heard someone mutter, only to see Tetsutetsu pop out from behind the dragon head. "Oh, it's Midoriya and Kanetsukabe from Class A!"

"What's this, what's this?!" a new voice shrieked, turning out to be Monoma from behind him. "For you to be idling around in a place like this... You don't have any work to do?!"

Midoriya placed a comforting hand on Eri's shoulder, checking up on her. "You okay, Eri?"

"I thought it was the person who fell from the sky..."

"Fell from the sky...?" Midoriya mumbled, before a look of realization crossed his features. "Oh, you mean Ryukyu."

"Oh, ignoring me?! You must be confident!!"

Hitomi's hand lingered over Eri's hair for a moment before finally settling to rest on her head. Eri stared at her curiously. "Don't mind him," she told the little girl. "He's a little, uh..." Hitomi held a finger up to her temple, moving it in a circular motion only for Eri to tilt her head in confusion.

Monoma's eyebrow twitched at the action, but he ignored it. "I heard Class A is doing a concert or something! You okay with that? This time, to put it bluntly, Class B's performance is going to be much more amazing than yours!"

Hitomi was almost afraid to ask. "What... are you guys doing...?"

Monoma smirked, holding his arms out. "'Romeo and Juliet and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Return of the King', a totally spectacular original fantasy screenplay from none other than Class B!!"

Hitomi sweatdropped.

Original, my ass, she wanted to say, but she held her tongue so as not to curse in front of Eri. Hanging around Bakugou all the time was seriously starting to affect her vocabulary. "Sounds... fun."

Monoma started laughing, an insane smile on his face. "You'll probably want to prepare... A handkerchief to wipe your tears when you're blown away by us, that is!!" He continued to laugh maniacally, before Hitomi noticed one of his classmates creeping up behind him with a large wooden stick in his hands.

Hitomi quickly turned Eri away and covered her eyes, with Midoriya covering the little girl's ears as a loud "WHACK!" was heard.

Monoma now laid face down on the ground, some hiragana that said "Awase" written in... blood? With his finger. Hitomi figured it was the name of the classmate who'd just put him in check.

"He seems even nastier than usual..." Midoriya said unsurely, he and Hitomi watching as Awase let the stick fall to the ground. They both pulled their hands away from Eri as the Class B student proceeded to pick up Monoma.