Ch. 22 - Final Exams Pt. 2

A/N: Back for another Friday! I don't know if you could tell, but as I write the chapters I have the corresponding episodes and manga chapters open, because I basically write down the existing dialogue word-for-word.

My mentality is "if it's not accurate I'll DIE" and I really need to let go of it. ^^;

----------

Hitomi silently followed the other two boys through the main street of the cityscape, Midoriya trying to reason with Bakugou with little to no effect

"...in our case, the villain is All Might, and fighting against him is dangerous— I think it's a really bad idea, anyway—"

Bakugou sped up, ignoring Midoriya's words.

The curly-haired boy tried to keep up with him as Hitomi continued to trail after them. "Wait, Kacchan-"

"Stop following me!" Bakugou suddenly yelled, continuing to walk past Midoriya.

"I-If we keep going straight," Midoriya stuttered, "All Might will probably be waiting for us. We should take a detour-"

"Why should we run away? It'd definitely be better if we beat him up!"

Midoriya made a noise of disbelief. "W-We should avoid combat if we can no matter what!"

"We'll toy with him until it's almost over, and then once he's tired out, I'll beat him up!"

Midoriya fell silent as he and Hitomi continued to follow behind Bakugou, before Midoriya suddenly ran up to the blonde, desperate to get through to him. "Who do you think All Might is?! Even with the handicap, you can't win against him-!"

Bakugou suddenly swung his arm, slamming his gauntlet directly in Midoriya's face.

"Midoriya!" Hitomi ran to the freckled boy's side as he fell to the ground, cradling his cheek in pain.

"Don't say another word," Bakugou said, pure rage radiating off his face. "Just because things are going better for you doesn't mean you should talk. It's pissing me off."

Midoriya only stared at him in fear as Hitomi held Midoriya's shoulder.

Bakugou then turned around, stalking off on his own.

"Wait, Kacchan!" Midoriya yelled from his place on the ground. "I'm saying this so we can pass the test! Listen to me, Kacchan-!"

"I told you," Bakugou yelled, turning around, "your power isn't needed to pass-"

A loud slap permeated the air.