Ch. 83 - School Cultural Festival!

A/N: With this we're back to the canon events! We're in the last stretch of this fic, y'all. It feels a bit unreal omg 😭

---------

"It's school festival time," Aizawa deadpanned, pulling on his sleeping bag.

Hitomi was the first one to jump out of her seat, cheering loudly.

"SUPER NORMAL SCHOOL EVENT!!!" she exclaimed, a bright grin on her face as classmates cheered with her.

Yaoyorozu turned in her seat, looking at the bluenette. "You're surprisingly energetic today, Hitomi."

Hitomi clenched her fists, her smile widening. "Of course! This is a new experience for me!"

"Oh, I sometimes forget you spent your junior high years in America..." Yaoyorozu said as Hitomi sat back down.

They turned their attention back to Aizawa as the class calmed down, Kirishima jumping out of his seat to protest.

"Aizawa-sensei, is this really okay? To be so carefree in these times?"

"Kirishima—" Hitomi heard Kaminari choke out. "You've changed..."

The redhead dropped his hands onto his desk, a look of concern in his face. "But it's true— villains are flourishing right now!"

At that Hitomi could understand where her friend was coming from. After the whole Shie Hassaikai incident he'd dealt with at his work study and the involvement of the League of Villains, it was natural he'd be thinking like that.

Up front she saw Aizawa adjust his sleeping bag. "You're right. That's a very reasonable opinion," the homeroom teacher said, pulling up the zipper. "However, UA isn't just about the hero course. If the sports festival is the big moment for the hero course, then the school festival is for the others— the support course, general studies, and business course students— to shine. It doesn't get as much attention as the sports festival, but for them, it's an event they look forward to. And there are those who are feeling stressed out by the current conditions, which, starting with the dorm system, came about because of the hero course."

Kirishima seemed to falter. "Oh... Thinking about it that way, there's no excuse for not holding it..." he mumbled, sinking back into his seat.

"Yeah. That's why we can't just say we won't have it. Unlike past years, this year, other than some of the people involved, the festival will be just for the school. If your families want to come, they'll have to go through some strict security procedures first, and will only be allowed at the festival for a short window of time. Though it'll be a big hassle just to get inside, so I imagine not all of them will be able to make it." Aizawa sunk down against the wall, making himself comfortable.

"However, even if the hero course isn't the focus, each class still needs to participate with something. You need to decide that today..." He trailed off, falling silent. After only a few seconds, soft snores could be heard, the entire class realizing the same thing.