Ch. 44 - Getting Through

A/N: Hhhhgghh...

I stayed up until 2 AM on a Saturday night to finish this chapter's drawing... I'm guessing it took me maybe, god I don't even know, I think I started around 7-ish? So I just sat down for almost 7 hours straight doing this drawing... TvT

On a happier note though, I'm really happy with how it turned out! It was based on the manga's second volume cover, the one that had Bakugou and Deku on it from their battle trial.

[10/7/21 EDIT]: This chapter now also has screenshots :)

----------

Yoshiho launched another gravity pulse at Hitomi, the bluenette diving out of the way as she tried launching a force field at the girl

Yoshiho launched another gravity pulse at Hitomi, the bluenette diving out of the way as she tried launching a force field at the girl. She rolled onto the ground, stopping just by the river as Yoshiho dodged her attack.

It went on that way for a while, where Yoshiho would launch an attack at Hitomi, she would dodge, Hitomi would try launching her own attack, and Yoshiho would dodge. Yoshiho was yelling at her all the while.

Apparently Hitomi had said something that had pissed her off.

"IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU I HATE THE MOST!" Yoshiho screamed, launching herself towards Hitomi this time. Before Hitomi could even react, Yoshiho had her pinned to the ground, an erratic look on her face that threw Hitomi off for a second.

"You don't even know me!" Hitomi screamed back, using a force field to get Yoshiho off of her and put some distance between them.

"I know enough," the Shiketsu student replied. "I know that you're weak, and doubtful, and unbelievably unsure of yourself, and yet... and yet..." Yoshiho's voice came out strained, as if she was about to cry.

"...Why do you deserve the love and support of your parents when you can't even do anything?!"

That caught Hitomi off-guard.

What do my parents have to do with this...?

"Talking about how your parents will always be there for you... how you didn't think you'd be here without them...

It disgusts me."

Yoshiho was looking down at the ground, as if frozen in place. Hitomi only stared back at her, the test momentarily forgotten.

"You have friends, and no one looks at you as if you're a mistake..."

Yoshiho launched herself at Hitomi again, screaming as she flew towards her.

"YOU'RE NOT BLAMED FOR YOUR BROKEN FAMILY!!"

Hitomi narrowly avoided her, diving out of the way and making a path for herself to cross the river. She crawled along it, making her way to the forest.