Ch. 80 - Nice to Meet You

A/N: Hi. School made me busy for a while lol. Transferring to a new uni will do that to you I guess 💀

I wanted to prepare some chapters in advance, but I figured I should at least post one update first so you guys know I'm not dead 😂 I do have covid as I'm typing this note right now tho, so that's something 🫠 Fanfic writers' curse finally got my ass ig.

Anyways enjoy this small update!! I'm gonna try to prepare a few more chapters in advance while I'm still on break before posting any more, so stay tuned 👌🏼

----------

Hitomi stood outside the boba shop, tapping her foot as she stared at her phone

She should've gotten the message...

As if on cue, she heard a bubbling sound, orange light emanating from behind her. Hitomi turned around quickly to see a portal open in the wall, finding Yoshiho stepping out.

"Thanks, Soratabi-san," Yoshiho said, looking at a girl on the other side of the portal. The girl had stark white hair with blue and orange streaks tied up in a ponytail, tan skin, and sharp black eyes.

 The girl had stark white hair with blue and orange streaks tied up in a ponytail, tan skin, and sharp black eyes

The girl, Soratabi, Hitomi heard, crossed her arms, wearing a small but somewhat stoic smile. "I'm expecting you'll treat me to a pastry later when I pick you up."

Yoshiho nodded quietly, before turning to Hitomi. "Of course. I'll see you in an hour or two."

"See ya."

The portal then closed, leaving Hitomi to stare at the empty wall in awe.

"Who was that?" she asked.

Yoshiho shrugged. "Keii Soratabi. She's a classmate of mine; we ended up getting paired for a school project a few weeks ago and we found out we had a lot in common."

Hitomi felt herself smile. "Is she your friend?"

The Shiketsu student's hand moved to rub the back of her neck as she looked away. "We talk often enough... but I don't know what she thinks. Anyways," Yoshiho stuffed her hands into the pockets of her jacket, brushing past Hitomi. "Is this the boba shop you talk so much about?"