Ch. 77 - Time for Our Provisional License Course!

A/N: I FINALLY GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE THIS WEEK WOOOOOOO 💃 Took me forever. But I finally did it 🥳

Just a quick heads up, the art for this mini-arc is pretty old. Almost all of the art from the previous chapter, this one, and the next one were made in August 2020, which is why they'll look different/simpler.

I decided to keep a lot of them since I think they still hold up ok :0 also I'm lazy what else is new lol 😂

----------

Hitomi hastily shut the door of Heights Alliance, readjusting her bag as she ran down the path.

"Guys!! Wait up!"

She ran towards Bakugou and Todoroki, who were a ways ahead of her, the two stopping as she approached.

"Kanetsukabe? The hell are you doing here?" Bakugou grunted.

Hitomi gripped the straps of her backpack, looking away. "I'm just tagging along to watch, that's all..."

"Hah?"

Hitomi shook her head, walking past them. "It doesn't matter!! Let's just go, don't wanna be late, do we?"

"Right." Todoroki followed after her, making Bakugou scowl as he trudged after him.

"Hey! Don't ignore me, half-and-half! Walk behind me, dammit!" he growled.

Hitomi stared at the ground as she walked alongside Todoroki, leaving the blonde to grumble to himself behind them.

Todoroki noticed the slight furrow in her eyebrows, opening his mouth to speak. "Are you coming along because you want to..." He trailed off, seeing Hitomi was looking at him like a deer in headlights.

"Ah..." He glanced at Bakugou pointedly, as if to say, Is it because of him?

A light blush was dusting Hitomi's cheeks as she shook her head frantically. "No!! Not everything is about..." She looked over her shoulder briefly to glance at Bakugou, who was still cursing to himself. "About... y'know," she whispered. Hitomi fiddled with her bag straps, looking straight ahead. "I'm going to see someone else."

Todoroki shrugged as they approached the teachers. "I see."

...

Bakugou felt his mouth settle into a frown as he walked behind Todoroki and Hitomi.

The two were whispering to each other, acting as if they were talking about something he wasn't a part of.

It irked him a little.

Stop acting like I'm not even here, dammit!

He was still scowling as they finally stopped in front of All Might and Present Mic, finding himself get annoyed.

If Hitomi and Todoroki were sharing a secret, or something...

It wasn't like he cared.

...

"Bad kids! You're late!!" Present Mic exclaimed.

The three of them stopped, looking surprised.

"Kanetsukabe!" Present Mic berated Hitomi. "Couldn't you have gotten these boys to be a little faster?"

Hitomi sweatdropped, a sheepish smile on her face. "I was the one running late, actually..." she laughed. She readjusted her backpack, holding onto the straps. "There was something I needed to bring before we left."

Present Mic tutted her, shaking his head in exasperation.

"Where's Aizawa-sensei?" Todoroki asked.

"He's gonna be absent a lot in the coming days!" Present Mic explained, poking Bakugou rapidly in the face. "It's got something to do with the girl they rescued from yesterday's incident!"