Ch. 71 - To Say I'm Sorry

A/N: I have a bibliography essay due today that I've barely started as I'm posting this. Rip lol

ANYWAY NEW CHAPTER WOOT WOOT

I feel a bit bad for giving no new chapters last month so I hope y'all enjoy ☺️ Especially since I've rewritten this arc and changed small things so many fucking times lmao

----------

"That sounds like Yoshiho," Hitomi laughed, wiping her eyes once she'd finally coughed out the ice cream stuck in her throat.

Todoroki looked at her oddly, confused. "...I don't get what's so funny."

Hitomi shrugged, scooping some more of the halo-halo to eat. "It's... an inside joke between me, her, and Nari." Her phone suddenly chimed, making her pull the device out. "Oh, speaking of which..." She'd just gotten a notification, seeing Nari had texted their group chat.

Nari🌼🍮: hitomi, yoshiho's free tonight! You up for a video call?
Me: sure, maybe in an hour or so. I'm at a festival rn.
Yoshiho🪐🪐: ah, see you later then.

Hitomi smiled, Todoroki watching as she put her phone away.

"I haven't gotten to see her in person since the exam, and Yoshiho hasn't really told me much about your guys' supplementary classes. The most she'd tell me was that she got her butt kicked."

Todoroki shrugged, finishing the last of the halo-halo. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why were you sitting here all by yourself?"

Hitomi suddenly blushed, looking away.

"...no particular reason."

Todoroki blinked, noting the flush in her cheeks. "Is it because of Bak-"

"Shh!!"

Hitomi cut him off, slapping her hands over his mouth. Todoroki's eyes widened in surprise, the girl looking at him with embarrassment. "Don't say it out loud, okay?" She waited until Todoroki finally nodded, taking her hands off his face as she sighed.

"What happened between you two this time?"

Hitomi's blush deepened as she began fiddling with her hair. She couldn't help but stare at the pink band-aid wrapped around her finger. "I... I yelled at him. I was doing it in Tagalog so he wouldn't understand what I was saying, but now he probably thinks I just shouted at him for no good reason. It doesn't help that I acted like that right after he did something... nice for me." She brought her legs back up to her chest, hugging them as she rested her chin on her knees.

"I said some pretty stupid stuff..." she muttered. "I need to apologize to him later. The things I said were pretty awful." She sighed, closing her eyes. "I don't know what was wrong with me." Her eyes shifted to look at Todoroki and she gave him a sheepish smile. "Thanks for putting up with my complaining, by the way. I'm sure it's starting to get a little annoying, so I'm sorry if I've been bothering you about it."

Todoroki shrugged, leaning back on the bench. "It's not a bother, I guess. Just... surprising, that you like him."

Hitomi hummed in response.

"It is, isn't it?"

...

The class had finally arrived back at the beach house an hour later, tired but satisfied with the time they'd spent at the festival. Hitomi took the 10-minute drive back to psyche herself up, as she still needed to apologize to Bakugou for yelling at him earlier.

Some of the class still lingered in the family room, having their own conversations as it grew later into the night. Hitomi watched from the kitchen table as Bakugou eventually left, heading down the hallway to likely go back to their- excuse her, his room.