Ch. 13 - Hitomi vs. Mina

A/N: God, what am I doing with my life, I could've gone to sleep by now hhhhh...

The first one-on-one battle is here! :D The next few chapters will feature variations of this type of drawing because... it's cool...

----------

Hitomi's silver eyes scanned the bracket, finding her name in the second half of the preliminary rounds

Ashido v. Kanetsukabe.

"Hey, Hitomi-chan, no hard feelings no matter who wins, right?"

Hitomi looked to her left to find Mina standing next to her.

"Oh...of course not!" she exclaimed, a timid smile on her face.

----------

Hitomi stood by Yaoyorozu, her arms crossed in stubbornness as she watched the other girls cheer during the recreational activities.

Oh boy, Toku and Nari are definitely gonna make fun of me for this when I get home...

"How are you holding up, Kanetsukabe-san?"

"Hm? Oh... definitely full of anxiety. How about you? Well, you'll probably do great at your match, since it's you..."

Yaoyorozu was shaking her pom poms lightly, still slightly embarrassed over falling for Mineta's prank. "Thank you for your compliments. I just hope I can manage against Tokoyami-san's quirk, since I'm not completely sure how it works yet..."

Hitomi watched the other girls cheer, trying to think of something that could comfort her vice rep. "Well, I suppose in this case it's best to expect the unexpected, so you can kind of prepare yourself? Sorry, I'm not the best at dishing out battle advice..."

Yaoyorozu smiled. "No, it's quite helpful, actually. Thank you. I appreciate it. If we both make it to the next round, no ill will between us, right...?"

"Of course not. You already beat me at the battle training, and I wasn't mad at you then. Why would I be now?"

"Well, scouts will be watching..."

Hitomi wore a sheepish look. "To be honest Yaoyorozu, I didn't think I'd make it this far in the first place. The fact that I made it to the last round at all is kind of enough for me. I'm already exhausted at the thought of me being broadcasted to all of Japan..."

Yaoyorozu let out a small laugh. "I bet you've been very entertaining to watch so far, especially with your performance during the obstacle course..."

----------

Hitomi was in Waiting Room #2, back in her gym clothes and pacing around the room.

Deep breaths...

Hitomi tried to calm her beating heart before she squatted to the ground, cradling her face in her hands. "Oh, what am I thinking?! I can't do this..."