Ch. 24 - Pool Day

A/N: I wrote this chapter mainly because I missed Nari/Hitomi interaction, and also because Nari is a main part of the birthday chapter; I'm trying to give her more of a presence before I post it.

I also figured while we're at it, I'd give you Nari's voice actors too -
JP: Inori Minase (Nagisa Aizawa from Jitsu wa Watashi wa)
EN: Erica Mendez (Retsuko from Aggretsuko)

----------

(Ew feet-)

(Ew feet-)

"We have to refrain from taking long trips over the summer?" Uraraka exclaimed, surprised.

It was the last day of school before summer break, and all the Class 1-A girls had gathered around Yaoyorozu and Hitomi's desks to discuss their summer plans.

"It can't be helped," Jirou said, replying to Mina's disappointment over not getting to use her new swimsuit. "We were attacked by the League of Villains before."

"Even so!" Mina yelled, waving her arms in frustration, "I wanna play! I wanna go somewhere!"

"Then," Hagakure started, "do you wanna meet up at the school pool over summer vacation?"

The girls all voiced their approval, Yaoyorozu rising from her seat to get permission from the teachers.

"Wait, Yaoyorozu," Hitomi said, getting up from her seat as well. "Do you think it'd be possible to bring a friend of mine along? I haven't been able to hang out with her as much this semester, and I think she'd have a lot of fun in our class."

"I'm sure I can get the teachers' approval," Yaoyorozu replied. "Just come with me so we can make sure."

----------

"Guys," Hitomi said, gesturing towards her friend, "this is Nari Varsteg."

Hitomi's best friend flashed everyone a bright smile, everyone warmly greeting her in reply.

"It's nice to meet you, Varsteg-kun!" Iida said, holding his hand out for a handshake. "Kanetsukabe-kun brings up her best friend quite often, which is you, I presume?"

"Yup, that's me!" Nari beamed. "I already know all of you guys from the sports festival; you're all taking good care of my daughter, right?"

"Daughter...?" Midoriya questioned.

"Nari!" Hitomi suddenly yelled, her face bright red.

"What?" Nari replied, feigning ignorance. "You're training to be a hero, of course I'd be worried."

Hitomi huffed, cradling her face in her hands from embarrassment as the class laughed at the childhood friends' antics.

----------

"So, Nari-chan," Mina said as she passed a beach ball, "how'd you and Hitomi-chan meet?"

Nari paused for a second, digging up old memories from the past. "My mom and her dad were old college friends. When her family was looking for a place to stay in Tokyo, my mom got them the house next to mine since she's a real estate agent, so we became neighbors! You should've seen Hitomi when she was little, she was so cute!"