Ch. 15 - Hitomi vs. Tokoyami

A/N: HECK YEAH TWO UPDATES IN ONE NIGHT!!!

Second one-on-one battle is here! If I'm being honest, I really don't think I'm that good at writing fights... My writing comes off as repetitive to me...

----------

Hitomi stood across the stage from Tokoyami as Present Mic started his countdown

"START!!"

Immediately Tokoyami called out the dark creature living inside him, the shadow lunging for Hitomi.

All she got to see of Tokoyami's quirk was during the battle training and glimpses of it during the cavalry battle, so she decided to stay cautious.

The bluenette launched some force fields at Dark Shadow, but it simply dodged her attacks.

It was fast approaching her, leading Hitomi to put up a force field in front of her right as the shadow hit her barrier.

She pushed the wall forward, pushing the shadow back as she ran towards Tokoyami.

I shouldn't make the same mistake I did with Ashido by staying near the edge.

Tokoyami's quirk tried to attack Hitomi again, causing the girl to stop and protect herself.

Dark Shadow continued its relentless attacks, leaving Hitomi no room to move forward.

Tokoyami's trying to keep his distance.

Dark Shadow swung at her again, this time with enough force it pushed her back near the edge of the ring.

Damn it.

----------

Uraraka was in the stands, watching Hitomi struggle against Tokoyami. It had been several minutes already, and neither party had managed to bring the other any closer to losing, leaving the two at an impasse.

"Come on, Hitomi-chan..."

A few rows behind her Mina was yelling. "SHOW HIM WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF, HITOMI-CHAN!!"

Uraraka clenched her fists in worry as Hitomi fell to the ground from a hit from Dark Shadow.

Figure out his weakness, Hitomi!!

----------

Tokoyami hardly gave her any time to get back up as Dark Shadow's fists hit Hitomi's force field.

So this is what Yaoyorozu was up against...

Present Mic was getting enthusiastic over his commentary. "It looks like Kanetsukabe's struggling against Tokoyami!! Is his quirk tooooo strong?!"

Hitomi enclosed the force field she had made around herself into a dome before expanding it, trying to put some distance between her and Dark Shadow.