Ch. 43 - The Meeting of the Shiketsu Student

A/N: Since Yoshiho has finally been formally introduced, here are her voices:

JP: Yoko Hikasa (Emi Yusa from The Devil is A Part-Timer)
EN: Erica Lindbeck (Anaru from AnoHana)

----------

"Oh. It's you."

She's from Shiketsu...!

Mera's voice crackled over the loudspeaker. "Things're now moving right along! At present we have 52... no, 53 passing examinees. One after another..."

Hitomi's face morphed into one of worry. "Less than half slots left to pass..."

She glanced at the Shiketsu girl, who was the only other person in the area.

This is my only option right now.

She grabbed a ball from her pack, holding it in her hand as the Shiketsu girl adjusted her hat.

"...What's with that expression on your face?"

Hitomi only looked at her in confusion before she felt herself suddenly get pushed back by an invisible force, crashing through the waterfall and down into the river. Luckily, she didn't lose her ball, her grip tightening on it as her head poked out of the surface, gasping for air.

The Shiketsu girl jumped from her place on the ground towards Hitomi, the bluenette abruptly moving out of the way and climbing out of the water, her hero costume sopping wet.

I don't even know what her quirk is...! And no doubt, she'd definitely know from mine from the sports festival.

Hitomi began to panic, making force fields around herself in an attempt to dry off from the heat.

The Shiketsu girl didn't even touch the water, her body just above it as if she were levitating. The water was rippling beneath her feet, concaving into itself as if it was being pushed down by air.

"You know, I can see it on your face. And it really pisses me off."

"What are you even talking about?!"

"Hitomi Kanetsukabe... semi-finalist of the sports festival. But...

It looked like you didn't even want to be there."

"Huh?"

"That worried expression on your face; I saw it there, too. Why do you always look like that?"

"I don't see how this matters..."

The Shiketsu girl scoffed, her glare hardening. "What, are you stupid too?!"

The girl aimed her fist at Hitomi, the gauntlets around her wrist lighting up before a pulse seemed to emanate from her hand, her short auburn hair fluttering behind her.

Hitomi jumped out of the way, diving behind a rock with the weight of her damp hero costume slowing her down.

"You seriously rub me the wrong way."