Ch. 82 - Accidental, Indirect, Almost

A/N: strap in, boys. This one's a pretty long one 😈

----------

Todoroki had been very helpful in teaching Hitomi how to ice skate. He kept her from falling, guiding her through the motions so well that within an hour Hitomi was able to skate around on her own.

Well, decently, at least. She still fell occasionally, but she stumbled way less. At least she was having more fun now.

Hitomi hummed as she skated across the ice, smiling slightly as she gained speed. Her ears perked up when she heard someone yell.

"Watch it!"

Hitomi looked up from the floor to see Bakugou heading straight for her, neither of them having enough time to stop or move out of the way as he crashed straight into her.

"Oof!"

She felt herself fall backwards, yelping as her back hit the floor. Bakugou fell right on top of her, his weight squishing her underneath.

"Ow..." Hitomi groaned, gripping Bakugou's arm. She felt him grumble into her shoulder, halting her thought process as she realized the position they were in.

Oh my god.

Her face went pink as Bakugou pushed himself off her, his shadow looming over her.

"Watch where you're going, Moon Face!!"

"B-Bakugou," Hitomi stuttered, smiling wobbily. "Get off of me."

Bakugou blinked, his eyes widening as he realized he was on top of her. Hitomi could've sworn his cheeks turned red slightly if she didn't know any better.

"Shit-!" he exclaimed, trying to push himself away from her only for his hand to slip on the ice. He fell back on top of her, their noses barely a centimeter apart as Hitomi's face turned as red as a fire truck.

She wanted to explode.

"Fuck!" Bakugou screamed, rolling himself off of her. Hitomi sat up, cradling her cheeks as she heard Bakugou cursing to himself.

"I am so sorry Bakugou," Hitomi stuttered, seeing him run his hands through his hair out of the corner of her eye.

"Watch where you're going next time!" he grumbled. Hitomi huff sighed to herself in shame. She really wished she had better awareness sometimes.

"Right, right..."

"...Sorry."

Hitomi's head swiveled to look at him in disbelief. "What...?"

"I said..." Bakugou growled, "sorry. For falling on you the second time. But the first one was your fault, you need to look where you're skating, dumbass!!"

"Uh, yeah," Hitomi choked out, standing up. "You know what, I'm gonna go, uh..." She pointed to the bleachers, only to see Bakugou had his gaze glued to the floor. "Yeah, I'm just gonna go. Sorry."

She turned around, hastily making her way to the exit of the rink. Her mind was in a frenzy.

He could've accidentally kissed me.

Hitomi slapped her cheeks, shaking her head as she stepped onto the solid ground.

Stop it!!

Hitomi made her way to the snack bar, her blush refusing to fade away.

Well, at least she could blame it on the cold.

"One hot chocolate, please," she told the cashier, flopping her head onto the counter as she waited for her drink. "Uuughh..."