Ch. 28 - Scavenger Hunt (Two Heroes Movie)

A/N: Y'all asked for this, and I'm warning you now: Bakutomi is gonna be a PAINFULLY LONG slow-burn.

And this is just the very start of it.

----------

Hitomi giggled as Mina twirled around on the walkway, mimicking the dance moves of the band they had just finished watching perform

The group had been walking around the Expo for half an hour after leaving the arcade before Kaminari and Mina heard the sound of singing, following the noise and leading the group to a small music show. Apparently a band from South Korea had been flown in to feature at the Expo, hence why Mina was imitating their complex dance as the group continued to walk down the street.

They walked around for another 20 minutes before Hitomi turned around, wanting to ask Kirishima something.

He, Mina, Kaminari, and Sero were all missing.

"Bakugou, wait," she called to the blonde trailing in front of her.

He stopped, turning to see their group of six was now two before groaning. "Aw, fuck. Are you kidding me?! Where'd they run off to this time?"

Hitomi pulled out her phone, about to call Kirishima before she noticed a text from the redhead.

Sorry, Hitomi! Kaminari and Mina roped us into this horror walk-through attraction before we could tell you.

The employees told us it'll take as long as an hour and a half to two hours and that we need to leave our phones on silent to get "the best experience".

I'll call you when we're out, but for now maybe try and have some fun with Bakugou?

Again, sorry! I'll make it up to you, I promise!

Hitomi sighed, closing the message and putting her phone away.

Oh Kirishima, you innocent idiot...

She turned to Bakugou, the boy still waiting for an answer.

"They're off in some horror attraction, and Kirishima said it'll take a while. We'll have to find something to do for at least two hours."

Bakugou rolled his eyes, turning back around to continue walking as Hitomi followed him. "Those idiots, begging me to walk around with them and then running off without a word..." she heard him mutter.

He sounded annoyed, but Hitomi could tell there was no bite in his words.

----------

The two had been walking for less than 10 minutes before Hitomi abruptly grabbed Bakugou's sleeve, stopping him in his tracks.

"What?" he muttered.

Hitomi pointed at a sign labeled "Scavenger Hunt" and turned to him with an enthusiastic smile on her face.