Ch. 79 - Her Real Smile

A/N: IMPORTANT heads up!! I'm gonna be taking a small break from uploading chapters for a bit. Hitomi's birthday is coming up soon, and I'm gonna be preparing the art for the one-shot I've written for that. Keep an eye on the Side Stories around July 11 👀 (if I finish them in time lol)

----------

Bakugou sat by the window in the bus, his elbow on the edge as he tapped his cheek impatiently. He'd been quick to get on, wanting to get back to the dorms as soon as possible after the "training" they'd just had. Dealing with precocious brats like the kids from Masegaki Elementary had sapped all his energy, and all he wanted to do now was have some alone time in his room.

His eyes drifted to the aisle as he saw Hitomi step onto the bus, Todoroki and their teachers following after her. He looked away quickly as Hitomi approached, feeling himself tense up as he heard her plop into the seat next to him. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Todoroki settle into the row of seats next to them from across the aisle, while Present Mic and All Might sat down in the front.

"So," Hitomi hummed, dropping her backpack on the floor next to her feet, "did you guys like your training today?"

Bakugou stared at her silently, watching as she looked back and forth between him and Todoroki. He turned his gaze to the floor when he and the bluenette made eye contact, letting out a mumbled grunt against his hand. "...It wasn't the worst, but I can't say I'd be sad if I never saw those brats again."

Hitomi raised a brow, a small smile on her face as she elbowed him. "Really? Is it because they remind you of yourself?"

Bakugou's eyebrow twitched, quick to deny it as he lowered his hand. "What the-! No!"

"Aww, what?" Hitomi chuckled, leaning over the armrest towards him

"Aww, what?" Hitomi chuckled, leaning over the armrest towards him. She placed her hand on top of his arm as she did so. "Be honest!"

"Shut up!" Bakugou growled, feeling a weird beat in his chest at how close she was. "And let go of me!"

Hitomi just pouted, pulling her hands back to herself. Bakugou relaxed ever so slightly as she settled back into her seat. "Boooo." Before Bakugou could come up with some retort, she turned away from him, giving Todoroki her attention as she leaned over the armrest. "How about you, Todoroki?"

Bakugou watched Todoroki stare at the seat in front of him for a moment, as if deliberating his answer before he turned to his bag in his lap, rummaging through it. "I wouldn't say it was all bad," he said quietly, pulling out one of his workbooks. "By the way, Kanetsukabe, you have high scores in English, right?"

Hitomi tilted her head to the side, nodding. "Yeah, why?"

Todoroki held up his workbook, showing it was the one for their English class. "Can you look over the homework with me? Present Mic's latest assignment felt harder than usual."

"Oh, sure!" Hitomi jumped up from her seat, grabbing her bag as Todoroki scooted over to the seat by the window, allowing her to take the spot right next to the aisle. Bakugou felt a twinge of annoyance to see her leave, hiding his scowl as he turned back to the window.