Protect her

'Ned! Ned!' Catelyn said running in towards him 'excuse me I need to speak with my husband. Privately.'

'I'm sorry princess,' ned gave her an apologetic smile, letting her go.

'of course, have a good night my Lord.' Sasha said turning and walking away. Ned watched her go for a moment before Catelyn pulled him away.

'I just got word from the Erie, from my sister. She said Lord Aryn was murdered by the Lannister's!' she hissed. 'that means that King is in danger!'

'She is a fresh widow Cat, she does not know what she's saying.' Ned assured her.

'Lysa's head would be on a spike right now if the wrong people had found out Ned!' Catelyn exclaimed why wasn't he taking her seriously, why was his mind elsewhere, his eyes drifting around the empty halls. 'Do you think she would risk her life? Her son's life? To risk telling us that her husband was murdered?' This was the longest conversation he had had with his wife in a long time and of course she was screaming at him.

'If this news is true and the Lannister's are conspiring against the throne who but you can protect the king' maester Llewen said coming up behind them.

'They murdered the last Hand,' cat reminded him 'now you wanted to take the job?'

'They traveled a month to ask for Ned Starks help. He is the only one he trusts. He swore the oath.' Lyewen reminded Catelyn.

'He spent half his life fighting in Roberts wars he owes him nothing!' she spat.

'Your father and Brother Road South once on the kings demand.' Ned recalled.

'A different time,' Lyewen reminded him 'a different King.'

'The whole Baratheon family is in danger that means that,' Ned said softly thinking it through, 'Robert and his children...' Sasha. 'I have to go. I'm the only one who trusts. I'm the only one that can protect him.' Protect her.

Ned couldn't sleep after that news so he went for a walk on the grounds only to find sasha sitting in the snow.