Gendry

'Thank you Gendry, it looks perfect!' Sasha exclaimed testing it out.

'Of course princess.' Gendry said blushing, she smiled over at him.

'Honestly you have been welding my swords for how long? You can call me sasha.' She assured him.

'of course princess.' Gendry said holding back a blush.

'youre funny,' she informed him. 'can you make a helmet like yours for a friend of him? His is falling apart.' Sasha told him. 'money is not an option.' She put down the coin for her fixed sword.

'this is too much,' he noted picking up the bag. He tried to hand it back to her.

'you do good work, quickly. You are worth every penny.' Sasha assured. 'so a helmet?'

'Yes, just like mine?' gendry questioned as she held it in her hands.

'Can you make it a hound?'

'These knights stretch around like roosters out here, even those who have never seen battle.' Ned said riding around the town with Jory

'We shouldn't be out here you don't know who has eyes where.' Jory noted nervously, looking around.

'Let them look.' Ned said confidently dismounting from his horse. He noticed a long black hair riding off back towards the castle, as he approached the welder.

'Lord Stark?' jory questioned. Ned turned away from the women he was sure was Sasha

'yes he did call on me, my Lord.' The welder told ned.

Why did lord Arryn come to see the boy?' Ned questioned.

'I don't know.' He admitted.

'I would like to see him as well.' Ned informed him.

'As you wish my Lord... Gendry,' he called 'here he is strong for his age and works hard show the hand the helmet you made.' He instructed. Gendry begrudgingly turned around grabbed his helmet that he had made handing it over to Ned.

'This is fine work.' Ned told him looking it over

'It is not for sale' Gendry informed him

'This is the Lord hand if he wants the helmet-'

'I made it for me.' Gendry informed him.

'Forgive me my Lord' the welder said looking over to gendry annoyed.

'There is nothing to forgive.' Ned assured 'when Lord Arryn came to visit you what did you talk about?'

'He just asked me questions is all my Lord.' Gendry admitted.

'What kind of questions?' Ned pondered

'About my work first... If I was being treated well if I liked it here. Then he started asking about my mother.' Gendry went on.

'Your mother?'

'Who she was what she looked like....'

'What did you tell him?' Ned questioned

'She died when I was little. She had yellow hair. She would sing to me sometimes.' he said nervously looking around

'Look at me.' ned requested and Gendry's eyes went up to him. Ned looked his face over taking in the details his eyes his hair. 'Get back to work' he said handing back the helmet to Gendry. Gendry went back to work, as instructed.

'If there's a time with that boy would rather wheel the sword then make a helmet you send him to me.' Ned said walking off.

'you find anything?' Jory asked

'Roberts bastard son.' Sasha's brother. Ned added quietly. He thought back to her black hair flowing behind her as she left. Surely she didn't know about Gendry, but why else was she here? Perhaps she was seeing the boy? Perhaps he knew he was her brother and she was trying to help him? Perhaps she was ignorant to who the boy was and that wasn't sasha at all.