Too many kings

A few weeks later a raven got back to them saying Robb stark was still currently in the Riverlands. His camps were set up, they were planning an attack on the lannisters, Robb declared himself a King in his own right which sasha had to bite her tongue about but she kept quiet. Too many damn kings and queens, none of them knew the ins and outs of the castle and the realm, the laws and orders, the needs to the people like she did. They just wanted the power, sasha needed the power to make the realm a better place. No one would take her seriously, listen to her. she couldn't do what needs to be done without it.

Joffrey Lannister... the king of the iron throne...

Stannis Baratheon... king in the narrow sea...

Robb Stark.... King of the north...

Daenerys Targaryen... Queen across the sea...

'News also just arrived that Lord Renly Baratheon married a Margaery Tyrell.' Alfie told her he thought she might want to know. Holding the letter in her hands gentle at first but as she read it over her grip tightened, piercing the paper under her nails.

'Self proclaimed king of high garden.' She seethed through clenched teeth.

Sasha added him to the list.

Renly Baratheon, the king of the high garden...

Sasha fisted the letter crumpling it in her hand before dropping it to the ground.

'Sasha?' ned whispered, running a hand along her back as he bent over picking up the letter, he read it over quickly.

'too many kings and queens. They are going to burn the whole of westeros to the ground all to get the crown.' She stomped away.

'the little lady seems very invested in politics.' Alfie noted.

'leave it be Alf.' Ned requested.

'oh, yeah. Of course... shes not sarah though...' Alfie told him. 'I'm quite confident in that.'

'don't say anything.' Ned pleaded.

'secrets safe with me Ned, just be careful. That woman is just as dangerous as the rest of them. she claims they will burn westeros down but who says shes any different?' Alfie pondered.

'I do.' Ned informed him. 'she is different. She cares for people. She has a plan but since she was born a woman she knows she will never be able to make the world a better place. I'm going to help her change that. I am going to get help her get her throne back.' Alfie chuckled.

'You are smitten with her.'

'its not just that. I have seen her work, she was constantly suggesting new improvements to the capital, trying to get the people on the city more food, shelter, building new places for orphans as well... she is different. Her vision is not clouded by the crown.'

'good luck to you then.' Alfie told him. 'whats Cat have to say about your little... princess?' Alfie teased.

'there is no love between Catelyn and I.' ned reminded him.

'but there is with... Sasha.' Alfie whispered.

'Yes.' Ned informed him.

'and I'm sure that she is young and beautiful and royalty has nothing to do with it.'

'I'm not going to justify that with an answer.' Ned told him walking off.

'you just did!' Alfie replied laughing, a chuckle deep in throat. 'alright, well you two be safe... on your journey...'

'Fuck off Alfie.'

'I would love to but the only woman for miles occupies your bed!' Alfie called after him. 

Rightfully Mine // Ned Starkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें