Loveless marriage

'Princess,' sandor repeated. 'You know your father would have his head if he-'

'Sandor there is nothing going on. He was worried that is all.' Sasha informed him.

'You know you only call me sandor when youre lying.' He remarked turning and leaving pulling the door closed behind him he saw her saddened face as the door sealed shut.

Sasha knew he was right and she knew what she was feeling was wrong. Damnit she hated this. She never felt this before.

Why now? Why for him? Why a man she couldnt have only covet?

She brushed out her hair tightening the laces of her dress and slipping on her shoes before moving to her fathers room. Ned was there. Of course he was.

'Sasha i hear you went for a swim this morning.' robert remarked smiling at her with open arms she hugged him his large arms squishing her.

'Yes.' She said softly her eyes moving to neds.

'I saw her dive in didnt see her come up,' ned told robert as sasha sat down next to him. 'I dove in after her only to find out shes a better swimmer than me.'

'Well she did grow up on the water.' Robert remarked. 'Her mother. Sexy thing she was. Thats where you get your looks,' robert informed her. ' Two gorgeous parents.' Robert teased

'I think she got your hair and everything else from her mother.' Ned remarked. Robert chuckled

'Yes yes probably right about that. But her mother lived in the water. I think i must have planted my seed in her in the damn water a few times. Thats were you get it.'

'Hmm water sex...' sasha pondered the idea.

'Dont get any ideas love.' robert told her

'It sounds like a good way to drown.' sasha informed him.

'Yes but it was worth it. A better alternative is fucking in the bath,' robert told ned more than sasha.

'I think you would need a bigger bathtub now.' father sasha remarked

'You little- good thing i love you,' robert laughed passing her the wine she ignored it taking a plum instead.

'So what was it you needed me for? I was enjoying the water.' Sasha reminded him.

'Cersei thinks it a good idea to marry you off to renly.' Robert said blandly

'Renly? Renly, renly?' She questioned

'Yes your uncle renly,' robert confirmed

'But hes my uncle.' Sasha told him

'Cersei is a bitch.' Robert nodded to the guard at the door and renly was brought in a moment later

'Brother, princess, lord Hand.' Renly addressed them stiffly, he was confused to why he was summoned.

'Im not marrying Renly!' Sasha exclaimed

Whats going on? Renly questioned

'Im not marrying renly!' She repeated

'What marriage? To Sasha?' Renly questioned looking between them shaking his head vigorously. he wasn't happy about this either. He adored Sasha she was a sweetheart but she was a she.

'Im not making you marry my brother' robert assured her. 'Sit down sasha love.' She sat down arms crossed over her chest. 'Renly you too.'

'Whats going on?' He questioned confused as he took a seat opposite sasha. Ned reached out a hand giving her knee a reassuring squeeze and her posture softened.

'Cersei wants you two married i think that is right shit and never going to happen but to get the bitch off my back we are having this little meeting where you two will inevitably decide that you are no good together.' Robert informed them both and sasha felt like she could breathe again.

'We are no good together.' sasha assured her father she looked to renly. 'You are wonderful and my favorite uncle sasha told him but i wont marry you.'

'I dont want to marry my niece so that works out well. Are we done?' Renly questioned standing up.

'If cersei asks you talked for hours before deciding not seconds.' robert spat

'Come renly lets take a walk and discuss the murder of my evil step mother.' sasha said offering him her arm.

'Your daughter...' renly remarked with a grin following her out.

'She has never shown any interest in anyone.' Robert told ned once they were gone. 'Maybe she likes.. women?' Robert pondered.

'Oh i dont think so,' ned added softly.

'You know something?' Robert questioned and ned rose his drink to his lips to try and hide the blush creeping up his cheeks. 'Tell me ned. What have you heard? What have you seen?'

'She told me that she wanted to focus on the small council and helping the seven kingdoms get to a better place.' ned told him. 'That she didnt want to tend to a mans needs she wanted to run a kingdom.'

'She would do a fine job too.' robert acknowledged.

'She hoped for the throne one day even though she knows it will never be hers. Even though she is the brightest and the most well rounded women ive ever known.' Ned told him.

'She would be perfect,' robert admitted 'but line of succession-'

'You are the king. You could change that. You know sasha is a better choice than your sons. You know it.' Ned said leaning closer. 'You know it is rightfully hers and she would do a fine job.'

'Better than me. Thats why i put her on the small council hoping that one day when i die she would be able to keep a leash on her brother and keep the peace. Keep the seven kingdoms happy and fed. She was always destined to be more than a wife,' robert told him.

'Thats why you never pushed her to marry?'

'That and i dont want her shipped off to a loveless marriage. I want her to find someone that makes her feel alive. You remember that feeling? I felt alive with her mother and with lyanna. Not since them. I want that for her.'

'I know the feeling' ned admitted

'Catelyn. Yes. A good woman.' Robert said downing the rest of his glass. Ned didnt say anything just rose nodding to robert. It was not Catelyn that made him feel such ways. It was Sasha that made him feel alive.