89. Snow! Snow! Snow!

If Jon bends the knee and swears his loyalty to Stannis, the king will legitimize him as Jon Stark, making him the Lord of Winterfell. Stannis knows that having a Stark on his side is the best chance of rallying the Northerners to his cause.

Jon knew with his father still alive, Ned stark was the lord of winterfell and he always wanted to be a true stark but he wanted his own father to legitimize him. Jon was tempted by the offer though. He also knew that if sasha came back if she found out he bent the knee to her uncle she was hate him forever. Jon refused. Rereading the letter sasha left for him he lit a torch in the high tower. He let it blaze out into the night, sasha and ned snuck back in. retreating to Jons room. Ned hugged him tight.

'I'm glad you ran.' Jon told her. 'stannis, he wants your head. Is calling you a traitor and part of the rebellion.' Jon told her hugging her next, she had a cut on her cheek that she must have gotten from the wildlings encounter. But otherwise they were both alright. Sasha looked to ned, her face unreadable to jon but ned understood, pulling her to him kissing her head.

'you were right.' Ned whispered into her ear.

'you thought he-' jon began.

'yes.' Sasha told him. 'I thought he was going to... I heard he was using magic, dark magic, that he killed Renly.' Sasha informed them.

'you didn't tell me this.' Ned told her softly.

'alots been going on, didn't need my family drama thrown into the mix.' Sasha told him sadly. 'I don't know if its true but... stannis always envied my father. Everyone thought him a great warrior but warriors do not make good kings. It gives them a god complex, taking life left and right as it suits them. that is what stannis will do.' Sasha informed them.

'well hes outside the wall, setting up camps. If suggest you both stay in your room, just in case.' there was a knock on the door and sasha tensed, ned kept a protective grip on her.

'Meeting, Lord Snow, get your ass to the mess hall.' Alfie said banging on the door. Ned pushed the door open a crack. 'bloody hell, I thought-' ned hugged him. 'you had me worried, where the pretty little... ello.' Alfie smiled past ned to sasha. 'much happier you are still alive gorgeous.' Alfie flirted and ned smacked him over the head. 'what?' Alfie questioned rubbing at his head.

'nice to see you too Alfie.' Sasha told him.

'see?' Alfie told ned. 'nice to see me.'

'get out of here.' Ned said shoving the door closed.

'Meeting! You are all going to want to be there.' Alfie called through the door.

+++++++++

'Does anyone wish to speak for candidates for the 998 lord commander of the nights watch?' Maester Aemond questioned.

'Sir Alistair Thorne is not just a knight of nobility but he is a true noble he is the acting commander when the wall came under attack and led us to victory against the wildlings.' Slynt said 'he has won 100 battles and he has been a defender of the watch and the wall almost all of his life he is the only true choice.' there was an echo of the watch, agreeing with him.

'Ser Dennis Masters joined the night to watch as a boy, he has been here longer than any of us through 10 winters and kept the Wildlings away, we could do no better.' another round of cheers for Dension.

'If there is no one else..' master aemond said 'the triangle tokens count for Alistair Thorne, square tokens for ser Denison-'

Master Aemon!' Sam called out. Sasha and ned stood in the back, stannis wasn't here, this wasn't a Baratheon meeting but that didn't mean he couldn't walk in if he felt like it.

'Samuel Tarly go on.'

Sam the slayer another Wildling lover just like his friend Jon Snow.' one of the men remarked

'How is your lady lover slayer?'

'Her name is Gilly but you know her quite well because you coward together during the fight of the great wall.' Sam told Slynt

'Lies.' He spat, standing up in outrage.

'Wildling girl, a baby and Lord Janice slynt... I found him there after the battle in a puddle of his own making.' Sam informed everyone. the men eurpted in laughter, 'whilst Lord Janice was hiding with the women and children, Jon Snow was leading the men. Sir Alistair did show bravely it is true but when he was wounded it was Jon who saved him ,he took charge of the walls defense,' sam went on and sasha smiled happily over at ned.

'you raised a great young man.' She whispered.

'he killed and he went north of the wall to deal with Mance Rader although it's certainly meant his own death...' sam kept going. 'Before that he led the mission to avenge commander mormont. Mormont himself chose Jon to be his steward he saw something in him something in Jon and now we have all seen it too.' Jon looked around anxiously though, he didn't like the attention he didn't think himself worthy of this honor, he was just a bastard.

'He may be young but he is the commander we turned to when the night was darkest.' there was another round of approval. Sasha and ned among them.

'I cannot argue with any of that.' Alistair said 'but who does Jon Snow want to command the nights watch? Or the Wildlings? everyone knows he loves the wildling girl and he spoke to Mance rader many times... who knows what happened in that tent between those two men if stannis's army had not come.' Throne went on.

'if he becomes king, I'm not staying here.' Sasha whispered.

'We all saw him put the king beyond the wall out of his misery, do you want to choose a man that has fought the wildlings as I have or a man who made love to them?'

'It is time.' master Aemon said as everyone put their vote in the jar

'Do I get a vote?' Sasha questioned

'Of course my dear.' she put hers in for Jon. As the votes were being counted they were being tallied up one by one by one it was a tie between Alistair and Jon. Maester Aemon stood up feeling the stats finding which one was right before putting his down for Jon. Jon won he was the new commander Lord Commander of the wall the men started cheering

'Snow! Snow! Snow!' Sasha and Ned couldn't help but smile they were so proud of him