96. Who the real queen is

Jon reflected on his perceived failure in spite of doing the right thing, but after some encouragement from Ned and sasha, Jon got dressed and entered the courtyard to the surprise of everyone, for he was just dead. Bleeding out before them. the leaders of the mutiny needed to be punished.

The leaders of the mutiny were rounded up for execution. After hearing last words from each with the exception of Olly, the youngest, jon thought he deserved a second chance. Jon once again acts in accordance with his father's law that "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" and personally cuts the trapdoor rope, hanging them simultaneously.

'Good riddance.' Sasha said from between Ned and Alfie. Alfie chuckled. 'what? I have been saying to get rid of him since I met the man.' Sasha reminded him. Again Alfie chuckled. 'good thing you are a smart man Alfie, or else you would be up there too.'

'I know who the real queen is. I'm not going to piss her off by threatening her soon to be son.' Alfie informed her walking away.

'I think I like Alfie just a bit more now.' sasha admitted.

Technically free from his vows, Jon passed his cloak and command to Edd, declaring his intent to leave the Night's Watch.

'he died. The watch is until death. His watch has ended.' Sasha reminded them. 'where will we go?'

'you want to come with?' jon questioned.

'the only reason we came to the wall was for you Jon.' Ned told him.

'if you leave, I mean Alfie is fine company but I would rather stick with family.' Sasha remarked.

'we leave in the morning then.' Jon told them.

'last night in a bed for a while.' Ned remarked pulling sasha into their room.

'hhmmm, any suggestions?' she teased as she pulled him to her, kissing him as she tipped them back into the bed. colliding with the bed, their clothes shed to the floor quickly but they kept each other plenty warm on that cold winters night.

****************

The next morning Jon, Ned and sasha packed up their belongings. Edd chastised Jon for abandoning the Night's Watch despite the threat of the White Walkers looming, and reminded Jon of the oath he swore.

'I died Edd, my oath is done. Besides.... can't stay after what happened to me.'

'I'm going to miss your sassy mouth and gorgeous ass running around this dreary place.' Alfie told sasha as they got ready to leave.

'trust me... I know.' Sasha told him hugging him goodbye. 'that's for keeping our secret. When I get the crown and make the world a better place I wont forget your kindness in our time of need.' Sasha told him.

'best not. I will be bragging about on your coronation day.' Alfie told him. 'no one is going to believe me otherwise.'

'goodbye old friend.' Ned said hugging him goodbye.

'be safe.' Alfie told them as they headed out. But the sight of sansa stopped them in their tracks. Sansa arrived after escaping Ramsay with help from Theon, along with Brienne of Tarth and Podrick Payne. Jon and ned stood initially stunned when they saw her. but quickly jon hugged sansa with a teary embrace.

'I'm so sorry I was so aweful to you.' Sansa began as ned stepped forward. 'will you forgive me?'

'there is nothing to forgive.' Jon assured her.

'forgive me!' she pleaded.

'forgiven.' Jon turned back to Ned and sansa screamed out thinking she must he seeing ghosts.

'sansa.' Ned said hugging her. she clung to him.

'how? How?' she said through tears. 'I saw you... I saw you... they took your head!' sansa exclaimed.

'no, sasha got me out before then. She got me safe. I'm safe. I have been worried about you.' Ned told her. sansa looked past her father tears flooding her face, she had never felt so happy before. Sasha smiled over at her.

'my lady.' Sasha said coming up to Brienne. 'you wouldn't happen to be Brienne of Tarth would you?' sasha pondered.

'that is I, and this is Podrick Payne.' Sasha nodded to the man before looking back to the giant of a woman in front of her.

'you killed stannis Baratheon?' sasha questioned.

'yes. I did.' Brienne said confidently. 'he sent a spirit of death upon his brother Renly. I was King Renlys sworne sword. I needed to avenge him.'

'thank you.' Sasha told her. Brienne gave her a puzzled look. 'who do you serve now?'

'the lady sansa.' She said. Sasha just nodded giving her a pat on the arm before going to sansa.

'Princess!' sasha exclaimed hugging her tight.

'its just sasha, actually here I am sarah.' Sasha told her. 'I'm so glad you are okay sansa.'

'what?'

'ned is Eddie and I am sarah. At least for now. while the Lannister's still try and confirm our alleged deaths.' Sasha informed her.

'right of course.' Sansa said. 'is Arya here? Bran or Rickon?'

'no just us.' Ned told her hugging her again.

'were you leaving?' sansa questioned at the packs on their backs.

'come, you must be hungry from your journey.' Sasha said leading Sansa, Brienne and Podrick inside.