116. Doubt leads to death

'it doesn't even matter.' Sasha said miserably.

'clearly it does.' Sandor told her.

'no, because when this is over. I still have nothing. I have nothing. I have no armies, no dragons.'

'you have me.' ned reminded her and she spun around, tears in her eyes. 'I saw.' He said simply and he opened his arms for her. she buried her face in his chest and he held her close. 'come on. Lets get some rest, long journey to the capital.' Ned led her away, sandor watched them go.

'he called her his queen.' Sasha said glumly.

'he is still a boy, sasha. He is not thinking with his head right now. he is thinking with his cock.' Ned reminded her.

'and what are you thinking with?' she pondered.

'my head and my heart.' He informed her. 'I saw the good you tried to do in the capital. You are kind and compassionate and you love the people. I saw your notebooks, you had an excellent plan for kings landing.'

'you saw those?' sasha questioned.

'I did. I read through them. you described in great detail how you would want to accomplish everything. Where resources would go. Where money would be spent. What would be decreased. Less tournaments, more projects for the lower cities. Trying to unite the regions. Not staying isolated from the people and the lands. Having one mission. A united kingdom. All the kingdoms united.'

'its good right?' she said meakly.

'its great! You are brilliant. You are going to make a wonderful qqueen.' Ned told her 'I know it.' He kissed her, tasting the salty tang of tears on her lips. 'don't listen to all the people saying no. listen to the people saying yes. Telling you that you will be a great queen.' Ned told her.

'Thank you.' Sasha told him. 'I needed to hear that.'

'I remember you once telling me that the lannisters were ego sucking whores.' Ned told her making sasha laugh.

'more or less yes.' She said leaning into him.

'you need people to help boost your ego and confidence when you are doubting yourself. Because you are the best option. I still believe that. I know that. you are the future Sasha.'

'Doubt leads to death.' She whispered as the ship rocked under them. 'I'm done dobuting myself.' Sasha told him confidently.