Want Him

When sasha kissed ned, he should have pulled back immediately. He was still a married man but he didnt. He let their lips mingle together wrapping an arm around her waist pulling her to him. But the thudding of guards feet pulled them apart. But her lips begged for more. The council came in sat down while sasha caught her breath. It was stupid and foolish. Why on earth would she do such a thing? But then again he hadnt pulled back. He pulled her closer. She sat to his right glancing over at him but he wouldnt look at her.

'I am sorry.' sasha said once they were alone. Ned turned to her looking at her for the first time since the kiss. 'I should not have kissed you. It was inappropriate and wrong. I am sorry. Please forgive me for such foolish actions.'

'No.' Ned told her

'What?' She asked baffled.

'No i cannot forgive you because i have been wanting to kiss you for months.' he admitted.

'You- you have?' sasha stuttered out.

'Yes.' He stepped closer to her. 'But we cant do this. Be this.' He told her.

'I know,' she said sadly looking down to her feet but ned brought a soft hand to her chin lifting it up to meet him.

'Your father is my best friend,' ned told her his hand moving to cup her cheek

'I know.' She answered softly.

'Your father is the king.' Ned said, stepping closer

'I know' she said breathlessly as his other hand snaked around her waist.

'I am married.' Their lips inches apart.

'I know.' her heart pounded in her chest

'You are the princess.' centimeters apart now their lips touching brushing as he spoke.

'I am.' She agreed.

'So many reasons why we shouldnt. Why we should walk away now. Before any damage is done.' Ned told her holding her tighter. She couldnt speak her breath hitched in her throat. His mouth closed in on hers as there was a knock at the door she pulled back stumbling on her own two feet but ned grabbed her holding her upright until she got her footing. Another knock. Ned brushed the hair in her face behind her ear before taking a step back.

'Come in,' Ned said moving around to his desk. Sasha stood still trying to compose herself as robert came in.

'Sasha,' he said happily 'the small council meeting had been done, yet you two are still at it.' Robert said with a grin. 'I knew you two would work well together.'

'since when do you knock?' sasha asked as she tried to settle her racing heart.

'Since i didnt want to come in during a meeting. You know i hate politics.' robert told her

'Says the king.' sasha teased patting her fathers cheek. 'Great assets to have in a ruler.' He swatted a hand at her.

Ned took the beating of her heart and it just doesnt work the same. But hes better off. As is she. As if its gonna make it easier to move on.... But Sasha wanted him all the same.