Wont let you die

Ned was taken into custody and put into the cells, Sasha was a mess.

'Lord stark you must be thirsty.' Varys said kneeling before him handing him a jug of water. 'I promise you it's not poisonous.' he said uncorked it, taking a sip before handing it over. And Ned took a long chug. 'Not so much my Lord I would save the rest if I were you, hide it men have been known to die of thirst in the cells.'

'What about my daughters?'

'The younger one has seem to escape the castle even my birds cannot seem to find her.'

'And Sansa?'

'Still engaged to Joffrey, Cersei will keep her close the rest of your household though are all dead it appears. I hate the sight of blood.' Varys admitted.

'You watched my men being slaughtered and you did nothing.' Ned sneered

'And I would again my Lord I was unarmed and surrounded by Lannister swords. when you look at me do you see a hero?" Ned took another sip 'what madness led you to tell the queen the truth about Joffrey's birth?'

'The madness of mercy. That she might protect her children.' ned admitted

'the children, it's always the innocent to suffer... It wasn't the wine that killed Robert or the boar though the wine slowed him down and the boar ripped him open but it was your mercy that killed the king. I trust you... but you are a deadman lord Eddard stark.' Vary told him.

'The queen can't kill me we have her brother.' Ned reminded him.

'The wrong brother sadly.' Varys informed him. 'Besides, your wife has let the imp slip through her fingers.'

'If that is true then slit my throat and be done with it.' Ned declared.

'Not today my Lord'

'Tell me some thing Varys who do you truly serve?' Ned questioned.

'The realm my Lord. Someone must.' Varys said walking away and leaving him in darkness. But the darkness didn't last long. He looked up to see Sasha quickly descending the stairs.

'Sasha.' He rose up wrapping his hands around the cell doors she placed her hands over his.

'I am going to fix this.' She said through teary eyes.

'Sasha.' He said pathetically. He knew there was no fixing this. 'I spoke against the new king,' sasha rolled her eyes in disgust. 'I spoke against cersei Lannister herself.' Ned told her. 'they are never going to let me live.'

'no, no I wont let you die.' Sasha assured but her voice wavered.

'I am grateful for our time together.' Ned told her, wishing to kiss her one last time.

'I am going to talk to Joffrey. I am going to try and make him see reason. I'm going to fix this. I promise.' Sasha told him wiping at her eyes.

'I love you Sasha Rose Baratheon.' Ned whispered as she ran up the dungeon stairs.