Chapter 66: I'll listen to your answer

As soon as Shao Chengyun ended the call, he booked a flight to the United Kingdom that night.

While he was waiting for a flight in the VIP room at the airport, television news had already begun to report on the terrorist attack.

The Chinese embassy is still constantly updating the number of casualties among Chinese citizens, and although Shao Chengyun already knows that Xin Rong has been admitted to the hospital and is not in danger of life for the time being, the numbers that appear on the screen still make his back chill.

On the 11-hour international flight, Shao Chengyun hardly closed his eyes, even if he slept lightly, he woke up in less than ten minutes.

The hotel where Xin Rong interned was in London, and Shao Chengyun no longer had to transfer from the airport to Devon.

Nearly 20 hours after the explosion, Shao Chengyun finally saw Xin Rong in the hospital ward.

Shao Chengyun was holding a medical list that had just been transferred by the school trustees, and due to carbon monoxide poisoning caused by the fire, Xin Rong's blood carboxyhemoglobin in his body was close to 40%, and he had not yet resumed spontaneous breathing.

This value is dangerous, and a little higher has the possibility of sequelae and complications.

Shao Chengyun put one hand on the doorknob and first saw the scene inside the room through the glass window on the ward door.

Xin Rong was wearing a light-colored hospital gown, wearing a ventilator on his face, and lying on the hospital bed with his eyes closed.

Shao Chengyun's hand opening the door was completely cold.

When he entered, the nurse sitting in the corner stood up, gestured at him, and said with his mouth: Just fell asleep.

This simple semantics made Shao Chengyun settle his mind a little. HHe walked to the edge of the bed and gently probed the back of Xin Rong's hand, which still had needles on it, and the temperature of his skin was relatively low.

But after all, this was a touch with body temperature, Shao Chengyun touched Xin Rong's hand, and his heart was slightly lowered.

He stood in the corner of the room with the nurse and said a few words, and the nurse went out first, leaving Shao Chengyun to accompany the bed.

It was already two o'clock in the morning british local time, and it was dark outside, and there was only a little light coming in from the corridor in the ward.

Shao Chengyun sat in a chair, his upper body bent over, his elbows propped on his knees, and looked at Xin Rong fixedly for almost seven or eight minutes.

Because the ventilator was stuck in the cheekbones, Xin Rong's face appeared to be smaller, as if Shao Chengyun's hand could cover his entire face as soon as it opened.

Finally, Shao Chengyun lowered his head, kissed the back of his hand very lightly, kissed the back of his hand with his lips, and whispered to him, "Get better early, don't let me worry anymore." 

This night Shao Chengyun accompanied Xin Rong for more than five hours. The space in the single ward is limited, Shao Chengyun is basically sitting in a chair, guarding Xin Rong to sleep, and for a while he was too sleepy, went out to buy a cup of coffee and smoked two cigarettes to refresh himself.

Until the light of day, the nurse came in to check the room, Shao Chengyun thought about it, that the one-year agreement had not yet arrived, Xin Rong suddenly saw whether he would feel embarrassed. So before Xin Rong woke up, he himself went out of the ward.